Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I don't always buy steak sauce, but when I do, I'm always reminded why I don't.  $5 down the drain. Tasted like sweet cocktail sauce and doesn't belong anywhere near my steak. 

EDIT: According to Google maybe it really is cocktail sauce and that's the whole point.  Just not for me I guess... 
    you put it on fresh cut tomatoes, not the steak ;)

When we ate there it was served with the house specialty thick cut bacon. They told us to not even think about asking for any sauce for the steak. I loved that about the place. Straight and to the point no B.S.

I've never been there so didn't know what to expect... it said "steak sauce" right on the label, but wasn't the flavor profile I wanted anywhere near steak.  Sweet cocktail sauce, ugh. I wonder if the stuff served in the restaurant tastes different.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I wonder who is more full of crap, LaVar Ball or Joe Izuzu? 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/lavar-ball-lebron-james-1-on-1-los-angeles-lakers-video

ball is always the most full of it
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SonVolt
    Options
    I have reached a point in my life where I'm seriously considering a pair of stretchy pants for work. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:
    I don't always buy steak sauce, but when I do, I'm always reminded why I don't.  $5 down the drain. Tasted like sweet cocktail sauce and doesn't belong anywhere near my steak. 

EDIT: According to Google maybe it really is cocktail sauce and that's the whole point.  Just not for me I guess... 

When we ate there it was served with the house specialty thick cut bacon. They told us to not even think about asking for any sauce for the steak. I loved that about the place. Straight and to the point no B.S.

I've never been there so didn't know what to expect... it said "steak sauce" right on the label, but wasn't the flavor profile I wanted anywhere near steak.  Sweet cocktail sauce, ugh. I wonder if the stuff served in the restaurant tastes different.
    Well I brought a bottle home to my dad. Its pretty much the same as in the restaurant. But again, we didn't put it on steak because our waiter threatened us with death if we did. It was with the Tomatoes and the bacon. I wasn't very impressed either.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    Options
    Ah ok... I guess I'm not missing anything. I only picked up a bottom because my parents were cooking steak while we were in town visiting. To give you a picture of what that's like, my mom said her well-done steak "still had pink in it" and asked my dad to microwave it for 3 minutes. I about died. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Kebabs tonight. Never manage to get the veg cooked right when the chicken is done. It was a bit al dente.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Kebabs tonight. Never manage to get the veg cooked right when the chicken is done. It was a bit al dente.

This is why i've started cooking them on separate skewers. Protein all on 1 Veggies on the other. I don't have that issue any more.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Eoin said:

Easy fix. Don't mix meat and veg on the same skewer. While pretty, they cook at different rates and don't make for ideal partners side-by-side on the grill. If you want the meat juices to flavor the vegetables you can always stack them on top of the veggies while they're finishing off. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    We just got our highest 'lectric bill yet this year.  $250

We generate about $100 per month with solar, so it jives with pre-solar summer bills in the $350 range.

Small house but no insulation except attic because it's almost 100 years old, shop is fully insulated, but 24k btu window unit...
    What brand are your panels?  I just had a company come out to my house and give me an estimate.  Another one should be coming in the next week or so.  Is there a reason you didn't try and get 100% pay back?
    SunPower panels.  I'm not sure what you mean by 100% payback, but we got a $25K system, after tax rebates it cost us $5K (Louisiana had the best state rebate for a while, it's over now).  We have almost broken even assuming $0.09 kw/hr.  We have net metering.  One half of our roof is facing south and is unobstructed.  We installed the maximum amount of panels on it (some rules because we're in a historical district decreased the number because of street offset).   The north facing roof would be too inefficient and my shop is in a shadow from too many trees to make it worth it.

Our winter bills are very small, but gas bill goes up.  95% efficient furnace helps too.
    @nolaegghead Thanks for the info.  SunPower is what I'm looking at too.  IL has net metering as well.  State rebates are not too bad here in IL.  What I meant by 100% pay back was putting up enough panels to create enough energy to offset your usage.  Sounds like you just didn't have enough real estate to put up the required amount of panels to make that happen.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Been using this on my 1/2”.... (well swmbo measured 3/4”) steaks,  anyways good marinade!

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    SWMBO's always want more!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That brisket taco should be illegal. 
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

I've never been there so didn't know what to expect... it said "steak sauce" right on the label.
    Actually, no it doesn't; it says "Steak House Old Fashioned Sauce".  I've never been to the place, nor have ever had any kind of sauce on fresh-cut tomatoes (save balsamic).  But if the help refuses to give it to you for your steak, well... I dunno.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Loving the Alaska Canada border. Visibility is fantastic. That lake is 10-11 miles away in a straight line....

Kluane lake?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Loving watching Army Beat Navy in the Home Run contest!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Reeling from an eBay purchase I just made. Was fine until I had to actually pay for it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    If you want to see a warrior in action,  give this a watch.

https://youtu.be/iZ4khQyvpRs
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    Just a bit of backstory, that car is stolen and the two people inside it murdered another guy at a car wash earlier that morning. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options

Holy Crap
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just a bit of backstory, that car is stolen and the two people inside it murdered another guy at a car wash earlier that morning. 
    Dang... That's crazy  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Battleborn awesome vid. He did a solid job of pulling back officers joining the pursuit in a high density area. 

That reload made my heart sink. Nothing worse than reaching for a reload in panic mode and realizing your mag is backwards. But man he rallied like a champ. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TEXASBGE2018
    edited July 2018
    Options

Please tell me that both of those scum pieces of crap are getting raped by hitler with a pineapple in hell.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Loving the Alaska Canada border. Visibility is fantastic. That lake is 10-11 miles away in a straight line....

Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Options

Please tell me that both of those scum pieces of crap are getting raped by hitler with a pineapple in hell.
    One didn't make it out of the car and the other was taken into custody at the top of the stairs at the end of the video. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    @Battleborn awesome vid. He did a solid job of pulling back officers joining the pursuit in a high density area. 

That reload made my heart sink. Nothing worse than reaching for a reload in panic mode and realizing your mag is backwards. But man he rallied like a champ. 
    Noticed that reload  also, he recovered pretty well all things considered.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Glad to see Bam Bam win the Home Run Derby at home.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Amazon Prime is killing it. RTIC, Yeti, Blackstone and all other things you spend money on is on sale now. Just bought the New Blackstone Grill 36", w/cutting board, waste disposal can and paper towel holder, fo 220.00ish including shipping.
    That was a steal of a deal. If I didn't already have one I would have jumped all over it. Congrats on the addition.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker