Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    DMW said:
    Been dry aging 45 days. Prime strip

That is about the best prime graded marbling I have seen.  Better to be lucky than good with that cut.  Enjoy as I know you will.
    May not rank up there with that Hasty Bake deal but you got one incredible deal on the hunk of protein.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    BLT's and watermelon.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dropping transmission, sweating.
    Options
    merica
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @DMW I need to get your butcher's card!  That looks like some Prime Grade A beef right there!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    dropping transmission, sweating.
    Dude, hopefully never a next time but if.... come on down to TN... We could do some serious car repairs/cooking/imbibing!!  Good luck!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Congrats on the new stead and egg!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @DMW I need to get your butcher's card!  That looks like some Prime Grade A beef right there!
    Costco FTW.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Now that is a true baptism right there.  Congrats as that looks like a great Q playground.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW- you are definitely living right if that was sourced from Costco.  Congrats on that score.   Better to be lucky than good any day!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    tonight: chops and rice n veggies with a dash of saffron to make up for ruining the leftovers  from yesterday's paella.  sour cherry jam on top.

Options
    thawed the chops out in the sv
    Options
    Big Guy has been saving and got Little Guy to buy a bunch of his Anki Overdrive stuff. So today, he twisted my arm to take him to get an Oculus Rift. Holy crap that thing is cool. Just in case you don't know what it is, it's a VR headset with controllers that connects to a PC. It is truly immersive. Google Earth in VR is something else. 

Here's a video of him playing a Rec Room game, he's picking up a ball to throw during dodge ball.

https://youtu.be/06UFbmFtvKo
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    you suck, Dwayne!

(seriously, looks gud)
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My sister just text me out of the blue:

I gave my sister a thermopop for Christmas last year and she was clearly disappointed. "What am I going to do with that?", she said. 

Couple weeks ago she thanked me for it and told me how much she liked it and that she uses it quite often! 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I don't always buy steak sauce, but when I do, I'm always reminded why I don't.  $5 down the drain. Tasted like sweet cocktail sauce and doesn't belong anywhere near my steak. 

EDIT: According to Google maybe it really is cocktail sauce and that's the whole point.  Just not for me I guess... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I don't always buy steak sauce, but when I do, I'm always reminded why I don't.  $5 down the drain. Tasted like sweet cocktail sauce and doesn't belong anywhere near my steak. 

EDIT: According to Google maybe it really is cocktail sauce and that's the whole point.  Just not for me I guess... 
    you put it on fresh cut tomatoes, not the steak ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Also found a better ash tool at Lowe's the other day... I think it's a Weber, but it works way better than the BGE version IMO.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    WeberWho said:
    My sister just text me out of the blue:

I gave my sister a thermopop for Christmas last year and she was clearly disappointed. "What am I going to do with that?", she said. 

Couple weeks ago she thanked me for it and told me how much she liked it and that she uses it quite often! 

I gave a Thermapen to my sister for a wedding gift a few years ago. Not your typical wedding gift. My brother in law bought a Kamado Joe shortly afterwards. They use it all the time. 

I gave my other sister a Thermopop for Christmas as I really wasn't sure if she'd use it or not. I figured it was small enough to store away if they didn't ever use it. So it was kind of fun seeing that text yesterday.

I picked up a Javelin Pro for my parents. My Dad has some super fancy dead accurate thermometer he uses but it's a pain to use. It takes to two hands to use it and it's a tool for his shop. So going to track down a thermometer in his shop was tiring for a quick temperature reading. I know my Dad wasn't using it when egging. So I jumped on the Javelin Pro when they were on sale for $30. I figured my Dad would hate it compared to his ultra accurate thermometer. Boy was I wrong. It was the complete opposite reaction I was expecting. When I was over there last time my Dad mentioned how much he likes the Javelin Pro and said he uses it all the time. Even on some other smaller projects he was working on. Score!

So I guess when in doubt, buy a nicer Thermometer as a gift.  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:

you put it on fresh cut tomatoes, not the steak ;)

When we ate there it was served with the house specialty thick cut bacon. They told us to not even think about asking for any sauce for the steak. I loved that about the place. Straight and to the point no B.S.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.