Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damn you Costco!

KiterTodd
KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
edited July 2018 in EggHead Forum
I just walked in for a bag of fertilizer, which they were out of...  but ran into the Joe roadshow;

$300 later and I have a Joetisserie, 3 bags of lump, some EVOO and a beach umbrella. :lol: 

FYI, they have standerd jotetisseries for $184 and the bigger ones for this price;

Considering another egg.  Here's their current Large offering...

LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    KiterTodd said:
    I just walked in for a bag of fertilizer, which they were out of...  but ran into the Joe roadshow;

$300 later and I have a Joetisserie, 3 bags of lump, some EVOO and a beach umbrella. :lol: 

FYI, they have standerd jotetisseries for $184 and the bigger ones for this price;

Considering another egg.  Here's their current Large offering...

So in other words, Costco did exactly what they meant to do =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    edited July 2018
    $969 for a Classic Joe? Is that supposed to be a deal? That doesn't even have the new air lift hinge (on the Classic II). I guess you may be saving $100 over Amazon.
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • phil_c
    phil_c Posts: 3
    How much are the bags of lump going for?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Did they have shaving cream?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I do like their lump. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    What price was brisket?
    NOLA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    $184 is a good price. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    phil_c said:
    $22 for 30 lb bags
    Jacksonville FL
  • phil_c
    phil_c Posts: 3
    Dobie said:
    phil_c said:
    $22 for 30 lb bags
    Cheaper than lowe’s.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    $969 for a Classic Joe? Is that supposed to be a deal? That doesn't even have the new air lift hinge (on the Classic II). I guess you may be saving $100 over Amazon.
    It includes the nest, starters, ash tool, divide and conquer system, and shelves. That’s not a bad deal. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    caliking said:
    It includes the nest, starters, ash tool, divide and conquer system, and shelves. That’s not a bad deal. 
    Agreed was at an Ace that just started carrying eggs tonight 969 for a naked egg.  Joe seems like a good deal at that price to me. 
  • KiterTodd
    So, does a rotisserie chicken take about the same time and temp as a spatchcock?

that may be on the menu for tomorrow...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Look closely at the picture - that is the new model Classic II with all the new features.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• KiterTodd
    HeavyG said:
    Look closely at the picture - that is the new model Classic II with all the new features.
    Sorry, I didn’t get a picture of the full setup. The hinge was a large black enclosed box, if that helps. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Does the Big Joetisserie fit an XL BGE? Asking for a friend.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    I have been told that you can talk to the rep and get a good deal on the display models they are using that week. You have to make the deal to buy the display the first day and then pick it up fully assembled without the boxes on the last day of the show.

They include a lot of accessories so the roadshow price is pretty good. I had to warranty the firebox on my Joe Jr. recently. Bought it at the roadshow. Dealt directly with KJ for warranty. All I had to do was send pics of the firebox and a picture of the exterior. No receipt, no registration, nothing. They said replacement was 4 weeks out but I got the part at my door in 5 days. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

I've been told, yes. Although, I haven't seen the fit up first hand
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

I really used to like their lump. 

When they rebranded as "Big Block" they switched suppliers.  I thought the lump quality took a nose-dive.  That switch happened a couple years ago or so. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Does the Big Joetisserie fit an XL BGE? Asking for a friend.
    It does fit Ozzie, according to a friend who has one.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I find the KJ  Big Block lump to generally be too big to use straight out of the bag (LBGE here).  I know you can down-size the lump but it has become too much of a hassle for me.  I no longer use it.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The title of this thread should be a bumper sticker

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• KiterTodd
    The title of this thread should be a bumper sticker
    :lol:    ...that place does get me more often than not.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    johnnyp said:

Thank you.  I was hoping the answer was no, because now I need to see when the next roadshow is.  Our Costco has Traeger every other month.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    johnnyp said:

I really used to like their lump. 

When they rebranded as "Big Block" they switched suppliers.  I thought the lump quality took a nose-dive.  That switch happened a couple years ago or so. 

Completely agree.  Have three bags of it sitting in my garage I won’t use unless I’m going to cook high temp.  At least half of the big blocks are heavy, not carbonized enough, smoky and hard to break up.  It’ll get used eventually, but I won’t buy any more.
  • rtgurley
    rtgurley Posts: 44
    johnnyp said:

Thank you.  I was hoping the answer was no, because now I need to see when the next roadshow is.  Our Costco has Traeger every other month.
    https://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

Unfortunately not coming close enough to me in Dallas for me to check it out.
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited July 2018
    rtgurley said:
    johnnyp said:

https://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

Unfortunately not coming close enough to me in Dallas for me to check it out.

They just got done in the Dallas Area about 2 weeks ago. You just missed your opportunity until probably the fall. But the Duncanville or Ft. Worth Stores wouldn't be that far of a drive depending on where you live. I forgot where you told me before.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    On the note of Costco. What do you fine folks usually pay for a single Prime Ribeye at Costco? Tomahawk or otherwise? I'm a bachelor for the evening and a nice reverse seared Steak sounds like it will work perfect for dinner. 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Your free for a day. Who cares what it cost?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX