Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need good cajun or blackening rub for shrimp

Options
Has any tried Dizzy Pig Cajunish on fish or shrimp and also what do you recommend for shrimp.    I like to cook them on blackstone without shells for use in shrimp and grits or for use in pasta dishes
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2018
    Options
    GoldenQ said:
    Has any tried Dizzy Pig Cajunish on fish or shrimp and also what do you recommend for shrimp.    I like to cook them on blackstone without shells for use in shrimp and grits or for use in pasta dishes
    Paging @nolaegghead and @SGH

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    GoldenQ said:
    Bayouish is really tasty.  Not very traditional as a blackening seasoning, but I like it regardless.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    edited July 2018
    Options
    We really like this...and like the label states, it contains no salt meaning a can lasts a long time and we can control our salt intake. I believe we found it at a Rouses grocery store in Louisiana although it is available on the Internet. 

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I went with cajunish from Dizzy Pig      Thanks
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Don't let the redfish label fool you.
    This is a Classic for good reason.
    Remember, fresh shrimp is great. Don't over power it with seasoning.
    Let your shrimp warm up just a bit and let the higher heat blacken the shrimp.
    Perfect for your Blackstone.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Thanks Darian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Don't let the redfish label fool you.
    This is a Classic for good reason.
    Remember, fresh shrimp is great. Don't over power it with seasoning.
    Let your shrimp warm up just a bit and let the higher heat blacken the shrimp.
    Perfect for your Blackstone.

Agree 100%. For “blackening” it’s hard to beat Paul Prudhommes products. I use them religiously.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Try JO #2 from J.O. Spices jospices dot com
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    not blackened but amazing shrimp seasoning

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Try JO #2 from J.O. Spices jospices dot com
    JO is essentially what Old Bay used to be when it was made by the Chesapeake Bay Spice Co. Great stuff.