Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• My BIL was intubated in the ICU after going through the therapeutic hypothermia protocol, and when his nurse was gone too long dealing with a all hands on deck code, his propofol wore off and he woke up, freaking the f*ck out.  We didn't know if he would be a vegetable or not after the process, but he was lucid.  Question answered.

He was the one of the first patients to go through that process in the hospital, and he was the one that pushed it. 

Turns out he was fine, needed a pacemaker with a defibrillator built in, but resumed his cardiology practice with no further problems until he retired.  Now teaching medicine to other doctors.  This was all after a cardiac event where he was dead for about 5 or 6 minutes, based on the video feed.  Good thing it happened at a hospital.
    Wow. I couldn’t imagine. Here I am griping about a little morphine. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Making pizza dough, Enzo-style 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    wow,that's one tough dude.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    1.5 hour meeting with social workers about our autistic son. Not fun.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Eoin said:
    1.5 hour meeting with social workers about our autistic son. Not fun.
    Sorry to hear about that. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Laying in his awesome bed recovering from my second disectomy in a year and a half on the same disk. Wishing I could sleep and waiting for the next 10 minutes so I can have some fun juice. aka Morphine.  Who said sleeping in a hospital straight up lied  
    Yeah.....that’s got to suck. Hoping you will be on the mend quickly!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW said:
    What is that between the tomatoe and bun?  I haven’t been to a shake shack before. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    DMW said:
    What is that between the tomatoe and bun?  I haven’t been to a shake shack before. 

Lettuce
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
     =) 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DMW
    DMW said:
    You're probably asking about the fried portobello filled with cheese.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @DMW -  you should find a good pub for the World Cup match this PM.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Trying to figure out what steps to take next after finding out my son has the most severe cases of both ADD and ADHD.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Eoin said:
    Dom has a couple of buddies round this evening for tea, made them some spicy koftas, half pound burgers, baguette rolls, chips and salad.

Yea, bet they're all over that salad.   B)

Go England.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    WeberWho said:
    Trying to figure out what steps to take next after finding out my son has the most severe cases of both ADD and ADHD.
    I have a cousin who was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid. He just graduated this year with top honors and has a full ride in college. Don't let the diagnosis scare you. My cousin is one of the nicest most humble kids you could ever meet. 

Ya, the doctor explained to us that apparently my son's IQ is extremely high. He didn't give us a number exactly but he said based on the results of the tests my son took its somewhere in the high 160's. They don't give a number with these results but rather a range. He said its the equivalent of putting a Ferrari engine in a Honda civic. He said when he finds something he deems interesting he will have laser focus on it. But when he doesn't find it interesting that's the part we have to learn how to manage. We don't want to use medications if we can avoid it. My main thing is trying to figure out a way to manage this with as little impact on him as possible.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    edited July 2018
    Man I love taking Adderall when I can get it. Closest thing to a Coke buzz that I've found... there was a huge black market for it back in college during finals. I could literally sit for hours and hours and study for days straight and retain everything. It's a miracle drug even if it's essentially Meth. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DMW
    Watching the game at a pub in Manhattan. The place is packed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    SonVolt said:
    Man I love taking Adderall when I can get it. Closest thing to a Coke buzz that I've found... there was a huge black market for it back in college during finals. I could literally sit for hours and hours and study for days straight and retain everything. It's a miracle drug even if it's essentially Meth. 
    Wtf? There goes this thread.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    It only takes one!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SonVolt
    Exactly 1 20mg!
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    SonVolt said:
    Looking through pics of last weekend's Rib cook w/baked beans. Did the APL method... never added a **** ton of honey to the wrapping foil before, but they came out amazing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_RyNo8kxyg

I love the APL style. That book is legit. Your cook looks beyond amazing. Have you ever made the garlic?
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Eating leftover hamburger helper. Eff me.  :s
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Jeremiah said:
    Eating leftover hamburger helper. Eff me.  :s
    ABUSE!!!