Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masala Brussels Sprouts

Options
zahulio
zahulio Posts: 135
edited July 2018 in Vegetables
Yesterday, I rubbed brussels sprouts with (mild) Indian/Pakistani spices and grilled direct 3 minutes/side at 400 degrees on my XL BGE. The spices add another layer of flavor to the brussels sprouts....kids even at them! Full recipe here.

20180708_194635jpg

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I never thought to skewer them - i'll have to give that a try. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    2 great tips. 

The spices and the skewers. 

They look great. 

Thanks for posting. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thank you! As it happens, I bought some fenugreek recently. No idea what it tastes like or what I would do with it. Haha. But I was in an Indian market an it sounded interesting. Now I know at least one dish to try. Looks delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Only thing I use Fenugreek in is Chicken Tikka Masala. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • zahulio
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Just make sure to cook them for 2 minutes in the microwave first...softens them up. Otherwise, they're too difficult to skewer
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    zahulio said:
    SonVolt said:
    Just make sure to cook them for 2 minutes in the microwave first...softens them up. Otherwise, they're too difficult to skewer
    That’s good to know. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• zahulio
    Options
    Thank you! As it happens, I bought some fenugreek recently. No idea what it tastes like or what I would do with it. Haha. But I was in an Indian market an it sounded interesting. Now I know at least one dish to try. Looks delicious!
    Try using fenugreek seeds on whole roasted chicken. It adds a whole new layer of flavor.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks. I don't even know whether I bought seeds or ground... or if they even sell ground. I'm not at home so I can't look.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Thanks, I love Brussel Sprouts and I have to try this!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va