Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Masala Brussels Sprouts

zahuliozahulio Posts: 131
edited July 2018 in Vegetables
Yesterday, I rubbed brussels sprouts with (mild) Indian/Pakistani spices and grilled direct 3 minutes/side at 400 degrees on my XL BGE. The spices add another layer of flavor to the brussels sprouts....kids even at them! Full recipe here.

20180708_194635jpg

Comments

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,308
    I never thought to skewer them - i'll have to give that a try. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,909
    2 great tips. 

The spices and the skewers. 

They look great. 

Thanks for posting. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 14,543
    Thank you! As it happens, I bought some fenugreek recently. No idea what it tastes like or what I would do with it. Haha. But I was in an Indian market an it sounded interesting. Now I know at least one dish to try. Looks delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,308
    Only thing I use Fenugreek in is Chicken Tikka Masala. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • zahuliozahulio Posts: 131
    SonVolt said:
    Just make sure to cook them for 2 minutes in the microwave first...softens them up. Otherwise, they're too difficult to skewer
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,909
    zahulio said:
    SonVolt said:
    Just make sure to cook them for 2 minutes in the microwave first...softens them up. Otherwise, they're too difficult to skewer
    That’s good to know. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• zahuliozahulio Posts: 131
    Thank you! As it happens, I bought some fenugreek recently. No idea what it tastes like or what I would do with it. Haha. But I was in an Indian market an it sounded interesting. Now I know at least one dish to try. Looks delicious!
    Try using fenugreek seeds on whole roasted chicken. It adds a whole new layer of flavor.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 14,543
    Thanks. I don't even know whether I bought seeds or ground... or if they even sell ground. I'm not at home so I can't look.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,437
    Thanks, I love Brussel Sprouts and I have to try this!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va