Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

with the A/C broken, my house has been 93 degrees. For two days now. 

Ugh.  You've been sleeping there still?  I get cranky in the heat.  So, living in Phx, I'm only cranky about 6 months a year.

Phoenix 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Haha, for DFW, I get away with 4 months of crankiness. And yeah, sadly, we stayed in the house for the past couple of days. 

On the the bright side, it’s down to 87 now...progress!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It’s a great Friday about to fire up my new grill. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Waiting for the HVAC repairman to go to Walmart to buy the tools that he forgot to put in his truck.
    Walmart for tools??? Kinda wonder, is he charging time for this on your job? Again, does he keep his truck parked after work in such as bad area he can't keep is tools in the truck? Either way, sure hope he gets back soon so you can be cool again.
    The cost ended up being nothing. Parts warranty was ten years and labor warranty was two years. System is 18 months old. He had left his tools with his crew at a larger job 40 miles away. The house is cooling down nicely.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Fresh pasta. So easy, so good.  
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    Just fired up the large for some burgers.  
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Just got a call from my dealer. Warranty fire ring is in. 7 days from inquiry email to delivery.

Glad I've been putting that off for 5 months. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
     =) 

First stages of pizza dough 
    Dang, how many people are coming over??  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Fresh pasta. So easy, so good.  
    Kitchenaid makes two sizes of consumer mixer, you have the larger (with a raising bowl) and I have the smaller (with a tilting head).  I envied the larger model as the dough hook pressed the dough down, while my model eventually pulls it up and has to be pushed down manually every so often.  
    I tried buying the hook for the larger model, did a whole bunch of measurements and calculations, and cut off that hook at "hopefully" the right place.  I mounted it, and YES! there was about a 1/16" gap between the hook cut and the bowl!  
    I poured in two cups of flour and the requisite amount of warm water, salt, and yeast, and turned Her on.  She went "RRRpt" and stopped abruptly; I quickly turned her off, then realized, despite my measuring and calculating, I MISSED the fact that the top driveshaft follows an orbital pattern, d'Oh!!  The cut end of the hook divoted the steel bowl pretty badly, and even jammed it onto the mixer's base (was hard to get it off).  
    I eventually re-did the measurements, re-cut the hook, but now it barely skimmed the top of the pile of 2 cups of flour, and I tossed it. I can afford the larger mixer, but it wouldn't fit on my kitchen counter and under the cupboards, so I've made do with the Artisan's hook, and soon after burned myself out on pizza anyway (I use my food processor for pasta dough).  
    Dumb Friday story, FWIW.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Supervision?? More like egging on :)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    S
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Teres major aka petite tender.  Purchased under the supervision of @SamIAm2

Is that beef or venison? Looks like the inside tenderloin every dumb hunter around here throws away cause they don't know they exist. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Botch said:
     =) 

First stages of pizza dough 
    Dang, how many people are coming over??  
    Ha! There’s somewhere between 50,000 to 60,000 lbs of wheat on that truck now... Not sure how many balls of dough that is, But if you need more I’ll be back at it tomorrow
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    Options
    What happens if a squirrel or something gets suck up into that wheat bin? Does it get sorted out later somehow? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    What happens if a squirrel or something gets suck up into that wheat bin? Does it get sorted out later somehow? 
    Ummmm....yes????
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    makes it taste nutty
    Options
    SonVolt said:
     All I can tell you is they dock you for “foreign material” 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    I have seen groundhogs on the grizzly bars at the hellevator  B) 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    If I were rotten, I’d be covered up ON the couch.  

She only gets  on the couch while we sleep.  She’s not allowed.  
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    joined the cool kid club
    The cool kid club got the camo
  • thetrim
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    thetrim said:

Is that beef or venison? Looks like the inside tenderloin every dumb hunter around here throws away cause they don't know they exist. 
    Beef. "Petite tender" cut sometimes called the "teres major".  Jess Pryles turned me on (to it) at the Sunshine State Eggfest.   Great cut.  This was $11.99/lb with very tenderloin like characteristics. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    thetrim said:

Damnit man. That looks outstanding. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks, @Jeremiah I guess I should add that I pulled it outta the fridge, added a healthy coating of Jess Pryles Black and put it on the egg at 400-450 for about 12 mins.  Flipping it every 2-3mins.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    joined the cool kid club
    Hold that thing like a man son. 
    No limp-wristing.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @thetrim I’m a big fan of the black. That and course black pepper. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Ummmm....yes????

Yes what? They have a squirrel sorter? What about if there's some deer pellets in there, or small rocks. Then what.