Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salsa Negra, Nopales, and Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I played with some new recipes tonight. I made salsa negra. Easy peasy - just burn everything, lol. I really liked the flavors in this. I highly recommend you try it. 

Cook the tomatoes until they blacken. Don’t jack with them - just cook the hades out of them...

Drag some coals out and throw the peppers right in the middle. 

It all goes into a blender and the goodness is done. 

Nopales are the pads of the prickly pear cactus. I cooked these much the same way I cook okra - and the taste is quite similar. Here is the recipe: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/nopalitos_with_tomatoes_and_onions/

The protein was a simple grilled pork tenderloin seasoned with S&P, lime juice, chili powder, cumin powder, a bit of soy sauce, brown sugar, and cinamon. 

Thanks for looking y’all. Have a great day!
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments