Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged Blackstone - Need advice

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,787
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    That's Hi Sterical
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Markarm4119 back before the internet, someone I know wrote a letter to a company because she was having trouble locating a certain shampoo. They had stop making it, but sent her a couple of cases of the stuff. It pays to be nice sometimes, however, there are times where the Dalton from Roadhouse approach is needed.
    Overacting?
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply he was Laurence Olivier, just that he delivered a good line. The best line in Roadhouse, however, was delivered by Sam Elliot.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Markarm4119 back before the internet, someone I know wrote a letter to a company because she was having trouble locating a certain shampoo. They had stop making it, but sent her a couple of cases of the stuff. It pays to be nice sometimes, however, there are times where the Dalton from Roadhouse approach is needed.
    Overacting?
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply he was Laurence Olivier, just that he delivered a good line. The best line in Roadhouse, however, was delivered by Sam Elliot.
    Doesn’t Sam Elliott deliver the best line in every movie he’s in?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Except Tombstone “I’m your huckleberry”
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    You know, that roadhouse kick at the end almost knocked dalton over, big guy didn’t move until he decided to fall.
    Everyone’s a critic.
    What’s the price of 400 pound mule?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,184
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Legume said:
    You know, that roadhouse kick at the end almost knocked dalton over, big guy didn’t move until he decided to fall.
    Everyone’s a critic.
    What’s the price of 400 pound mule?
     Not sure, but hand carts are $400.

https://youtu.be/4w36z7XnwOM
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Seems like 1:1.  Does that mean it’s even?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    jabam said:
    Except Tombstone “I’m your huckleberry”
     Val Kilmer has the best lines in Tombstone for sure.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,148
    Options
    “This place is so rough - they got a sign above the urinal that says ‘Don’t eat the big white mint.’”

my #1 favorite movie quote of all time. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    gmac said:
    @Gym  Did you get anywhere?  The thread was getting ugly so I quit reading. Hope you get it resolved. Where are you?  

I’m in S. Ont and I brought a couple back from Michigan recently and have one new in box I will gladly sell for $350 Can which is exactly what I paid for it in $US ($249) with exchange. I know you paid for one and I hope you get your money back or a replacement but the one I have is there should someone want it. 
    This thread has been all over the place (par for the course), but this is the best post in it. Good on you. 

@Gym. Return said damaged goods ASAP. Take @gmac up on his offer. Buy him a couple of those Canuckian beers to boot. I'll do the same for both of y'all  if we should ever cross paths. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    caliking said:
    gmac said:
    @Gym  Did you get anywhere?  The thread was getting ugly so I quit reading. Hope you get it resolved. Where are you?  

I’m in S. Ont and I brought a couple back from Michigan recently and have one new in box I will gladly sell for $350 Can which is exactly what I paid for it in $US ($249) with exchange. I know you paid for one and I hope you get your money back or a replacement but the one I have is there should someone want it. 
    This thread has been all over the place (par for the course), but this is the best post in it. Good on you. 

@Gym. Return said damaged goods ASAP. Take @gmac up on his offer. Buy him a couple of those Canuckian beers to boot. I'll do the same for both of y'all  if we should ever cross paths. 
    I hear you cache PBRs...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    gmac said:

I hear you cache PBRs...
     I think you mean he likes to cash PBRs.  
  • caliking
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    gmac said:

I hear you cache PBRs...
    I haven't checked recently, but there is a slight chance that I have a 6-pack stashed in my truck. Purchased in 2015 for Salado. Because I thought @henapple would be thirsty. 

• caliking
    Options
    There is a greater chance that I found them though. And drank them. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    gmac said:

I hear you cache PBRs...
    I haven't checked recently, but there is a slight chance that I have a 6-pack stashed in my truck. Purchased in 2015 for Salado. Because I thought @henapple would be thirsty. 
    Hmm... So tell us more about this stashing behavior you seem to have? Do you also do this with mud bugs and other people's cars?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Are the Butt Blast sorority shirts and window stickers available?
    Asking for a friend. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options
    “This place is so rough - they got a sign above the urinal that says ‘Don’t eat the big white mint.’”

That is probably one of the better quotes from Roadhouse for sure, along with "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead."
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Focker said:
    Asking for a friend. 
    I have a couple of Butt Blast stickers i will sell you. Will give you a really good deal on them. For you.....$75 each. Proceeds will go to a food shelter here locally.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    This thread another reason why I love this forum, as a noob I truly enjoyed the read. 
    @Gym I hope it gets resolved to your liking and you don't have to pay for return shipping with that said if for any reason another monkey wrench is through into the mix il do head up north (beer runs) on occasion and think i have a trip scheduled for august (I only go to Missassauga OT) but if I have the room and your still in need of a BS ill gladly pick one up for you here in the staes and smuggle it over to you if you have a way to get to OT and if its not just as long of a ride, now that im typing this if you can get to mississauga you can get to the US as its only 45 minutes from the boarder 

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Spoiler alert!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Question. I need a new chainsaw, are the ones from Bed Bath and Beyond any good?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,540
    Options
    Question. I need a new chainsaw, are the ones from Bed Bath and Beyond any good?
    IKEA will match their price
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    This was just a delightful read.  This place is great.  Funny thing too.  Got my BS at Cabellas. Thank you all.
    What the Hell! Cabellas why would you do that??? they only know about guns and ammo and killing animals I sure hope for your sake you don't have any trouble with your BS Good Luck Brother!!!!!! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    gmac said:

I hear you cache PBRs...
    Hmm... So tell us more about this stashing behavior you seem to have? Do you also do this with mud bugs and other people's cars?
    I only stash emergency beers. Those are needed first in the event of a breakdown (mental or vehicular) :smiley:

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Spoiler alert!

I keep watching this thinking, There is absolutely zero reason for a round house there... I should just enjoy the movie right?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Best movie quotes of all time can be found in The Big Lebowski.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    This thread another reason why I love this forum, as a noob I truly enjoyed the read. 
    @Gym I hope it gets resolved to your liking and you don't have to pay for return shipping with that said if for any reason another monkey wrench is through into the mix il do head up north (beer runs) on occasion and think i have a trip scheduled for august (I only go to Missassauga OT) but if I have the room and your still in need of a BS ill gladly pick one up for you here in the staes and smuggle it over to you if you have a way to get to OT and if its not just as long of a ride, now that im typing this if you can get to mississauga you can get to the US as its only 45 minutes from the boarder 

Thanks very much!  There's lots of great people here. 
    Hopefully I can get this resolved asap. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:
    Asking for a friend. 
    I have a couple of Butt Blast stickers i will sell you. Will give you a really good deal on them. For you.....$75 each. Proceeds will go to a food shelter here locally.
    Nice gesture.
    Does BB raise $ for the local food shelter?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."