Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged Blackstone - Need advice

Options

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Gym said:
    Thanks guys. I'm going to make some phone calls this morning. I know I could probably bash it somewhat back into place but I really hope it doesn't come to that. I paid for a new unit, ultimately that's what I would like to have. I guess we'll see...
    I would call Blackstone direct.  Obviously, I am in the USA, but when I called about an issue with our 17" BS, they fell all over themselves to help.  They even followed up with phone calls to make sure I was satisfied and if I needed anything.  I feel if you explained your situation, you might get some help from them.  Good luck!

I understand the suggestion but it seems as though Blackstone had nothing to do with the purchase or the shipping.  It might be asking a lot to expect them to get involved. 
    New Orleans LA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Gym said:
    I didn't realize there would be a difference where I purchased it. That's why I reached out for some advice. I don't understand why there are variations of distributers for this?
    Well it doesn’t matter where you got it in the sense that they may sell it there but I don’t buy my groceries from a store that sells tires so why would you want to buy an outdoor griddle from a place that sells towels. The issue is that I dunno how willing and easy they will be to get this worked out. As you said they are 14hrs round trip from you. If it was amazon they would probably just have shipped you a new one and said have a nice day and let you keep the other one. 
    Costco, Walmart, Sams and Target all sell groceries and tires.  It makes ZERO difference where it's purchased.  The carrier should make this right.

I agree, damage like that should be fixed no matter who sold it. But I disagree in that where you buy products can make a huge difference in how much of a hassle it can become. In today's society many companies go out of their way to not be helpful. I was simply trying to say (what was perceived in a jerk manner) what @billt01 said above. Amazon would have seen those pictures and probably refunded the OP their money plus sent a new one. I've had this situation happen to me and Amazon it was no problem, Walmart no problem. But when I had it happen to me at Best Buy. I got the run around. Target, same thing. I was told take it up with the carrier, then the carrier said it was the retailers problem. I had to argue for hours to get a problem fixed. That was all I was trying to say. If the OP couldn't get it from those 2 places then ok. Being in another country just adds to the issue. Clearly given the reaction I should have been a little more subtle in my original post. Hope you get it fixed @Gym.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Gym said:
    Thanks guys. I'm going to make some phone calls this morning. I know I could probably bash it somewhat back into place but I really hope it doesn't come to that. I paid for a new unit, ultimately that's what I would like to have. I guess we'll see...
    I would call Blackstone direct.  Obviously, I am in the USA, but when I called about an issue with our 17" BS, they fell all over themselves to help.  They even followed up with phone calls to make sure I was satisfied and if I needed anything.  I feel if you explained your situation, you might get some help from them.  Good luck!

Good point. I wonder if they'd want me to contact the store I purchased it from first? I'd rather talk directly to the mothership though. I don't think they're open yet.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Gym said:
    kl8ton said:
    Gym said:

Good point. I wonder if they'd want me to contact the store I purchased it from first? I'd rather talk directly to the mothership though. I don't think they're open yet.

I had called them first rather than work through the Amazon channels where I bought it from.  Mine barely had flame when lit.  We walked through the various troubleshooting steps and they offered to send me new parts.  I decided at that point to return it thru Amazon and get a new unit that works correctly.  While our issues are different, this company's customer service is outstanding.  The agent I talked to was awesome and she called me back a couple days later just to check on the issue.

My thought was, they may not care how it got to you.  The fact that you opened a factory sealed blackstone box and have a damaged unit may not sit well with them and they may wish to make it right.  You don't know the "chain of custody" of this thing.  From Blackstone, to distributor, to shipping hub, to store?

If you paid for the shipping to the Sandusky store, you do have another course of action by calling the shipping company that you paid.  I am guessing that it was not you that "hired" the shipper.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

Upon review, it appears that I was the person to bring up BB&B. 

The 20% off coupon rocks.  I have no ragrets. Not even one letter.

@Gym I hope this gets resolved quickly for you.  Sorry for the bad luck.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,543
    Options
    @Gym

i may have missed this in all of the noise, but was a signature required for delivery? OR Did you decline the shipper have a signature before dropping?

If any of the above happened, the shipper will make it a nightmare. In know in the states from experience, our carriers would not offer up to to replace if so..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Gym
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @Gym

i may have missed this in all of the noise, but was a signature required for delivery? OR Did you decline the shipper have a signature before dropping?

If any of the above happened, the shipper will make it a nightmare. In know in the states from experience, our carriers would not offer up to to replace if so..
    I didnt sign anything. Just gave my name once I arrived and they brought it out
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Call Bruce! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    DMW said:
    Gym said:
    I didn't realize there would be a difference where I purchased it. That's why I reached out for some advice. I don't understand why there are variations of distributers for this?
    Well it doesn’t matter where you got it in the sense that they may sell it there but I don’t buy my groceries from a store that sells tires so why would you want to buy an outdoor griddle from a place that sells towels. The issue is that I dunno how willing and easy they will be to get this worked out. As you said they are 14hrs round trip from you. If it was amazon they would probably just have shipped you a new one and said have a nice day and let you keep the other one. 
    Because Amazon doesn't sell towels...
    Really? Are you the genius that told him to buy it from a store that specializes in kitchen aid mixers, foot massagers and snuggies? My point is that this is the kind of item to where if something screws up (like it did here) you want the people that will give you the least issue when trying to fight them on their screw up. So amazon, walmart, and ace are all much clearer choices than freakin bed bath and beyond. Amazon would have taken 1 look at those pictures and said “oh hey we can either refund you or send you a new one, which would you prefer? Bed bath and beyond is gonna answer and you will have to tell them 5 times just what the hell you are even talking about when you say you bought a blackstone outdoor griddle.
    Sounds like you shop at Bed Bath and Beyond a lot. Sorry you have had such bad luck with them. My wife shops there and has return things with no issues...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,795
    Options
    now it's a party
    Did I just wake up on Friday =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    now it's a party
    Did I just wake up on Friday =)
    No, Saturday. This happened on a Friday night. :smile:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pUreHkcoL
    pUreHkcoL Posts: 49
    Options
    thetrim said:
    With all this talk about troll accounts, I wonder how SherryJames and LockHerUpBackwards are doing or is doing if it's the same people.
    Easy there skipper. Pro-tip sherryjames is actually a cool dude, if you get to know him. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    pUreHkcoL said:
    thetrim said:
    With all this talk about troll accounts, I wonder how SherryJames and LockHerUpBackwards are doing or is doing if it's the same people.
    Easy there skipper. Pro-tip sherryjames is actually a cool dude, if you get to know him. 
    Brilliant!  EmocleWkcaB!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pUreHkcoL
    pUreHkcoL Posts: 49
    Options
    reppikSdeaRoThgouTsaWtahT. Well done!
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    10/10 would read thread again.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    The only thing that would make this thread better is a dog tied up to the Blackstone
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I can make the one on the right (or bottom if you will) available if needed.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gym said:
    Was the car seat working properly? I think that is really more important than the BS......in the big scheme of things. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,148
    Options
    Gym said:
    Was the car seat working properly? I think that is really more important than the BS......in the big scheme of things. ;)
    Pearl Jam car seat....
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2018
    Options
    redacted by Eddie Vedder
    Options
    So much for my awesome Eddie Vedder joke...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Paging @The_Buffalo Can we nuke this thread already

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• billt01
    Options
    You are sooo stupid dum dum buying stuff from a store that sells towels.  I don't even want to be in the same room as you - yuck.  (troll flag).  Go to freakin amazon or walmart or ace or somewhere peeple no about grill stuff otherwise bed bath and beyond don't know about that stuff and you have to no about stuff to get return shippin and fix replacement mail. I have job where I no people INSTANTLY and read them good and that's why I'm good and my job and winning life and so I no you, and searing seals in the juice, bet you didn't no that.  Why didn't you not be dumb and buy from amazon?  How crazy is that? Peeple here are mean and drive off new people because you have every troll account on here and I no that because people tell me about your little troll habit.  It's peeple like you are bad and I'm good and way better than idiots at bed bath and beyond because they don't no grills and amazon looks at 1 picture and you get refund and a new grill.  And you go to butt blast or whatever and meet people and so people who dont do that are obviously no good and get run off and stuff.
    @nolaegghead

you just sent anyone who teaches grammar and English into cardiac arrest..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Gym
    Options
    Gym said:
    I'm scared to open that box!
  • billt01
    Options
    Gym said:
    Gym said:
    I'm scared to open that box!

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Really, there's nothing political or religious or controversial in any way here (by my scale).  It's just people being themselves.
    Options
    @nolaegghead

some people pick their scabs for fun, you pick other people's

"It's just people being themselves."

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    OP is in a prickle, and needs help.

In my experiences, BBB's no hassle return policy is great.  Blackstone's as well, as they sent me pretty much a new oven for my damaged one.

One of them should take care of you.
    Good luck.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."