Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 BGE Accessories

Options
lkapigian
lkapigian Posts: 10,765
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
Pretty Cool...i know they ripped off CGS

https://youtu.be/9BRnp13ZPQQ
Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• unoriginalusername
    unoriginalusername Posts: 1,065
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Brand new information lol jk :bee:
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Brand new information lol jk :bee:
    I know, I'm quick...ha...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I was just starting to look at the CGS Woo but wondering if I should just go with BGE brand now.  Definitely ready for some more toys, I’ve maxed out my mountain bike upgrades for now so time to spoil the egg.  
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Wow. I already upgraded to the modular nests, now need more upgradin. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    I bought my adjustable rig umpteen years ago from ceramic grill store and if you compare mine to the one above the BGE won’t hold as many butts as mine. Will it? On a Large Egg.
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • Aviator
    Options
    Does anyone here really know that Tom did not benefit from this or is this from CNN.

Chattanooga, TN.

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    I’ll most definitely upgrade my top to the new all in one damper. Doubt I’ll do it on both eggs as I’m sure the price will be way above ridiculous, but I’ll get it for my main cooker. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    So there you have it. 

Little Rock, AR

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

tjv said:
    Aviator said:
    Does anyone here really know that Tom did not benefit from this or is this from CNN.
    not even a thank you,

t

When the KJ threads have come up, my thought has been that I'll always bleed green.  BGE has shown above that my blind loyalty is possibly misplaced.  The next kamado i purchase may be green, but it won't be an automatic as it was before.  

Phoenix 
  • Cornholio
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Cornholio said:
    I was just starting to look at the CGS Woo but wondering if I should just go with BGE brand now.  Definitely ready for some more toys, I’ve maxed out my mountain bike upgrades for now so time to spoil the egg.  
    Why BGE? They sure as hell did not do ANY RD except take what Tom at CGS had created. Why would anyone pay them a dime for taking that design and calling it an Egg product.  
    I own 3 Large Adj Rigs and rigs for both my Mini-Max and Mini. NOT ONE DAME DIME TO BGE for their copy! 
    Apologies for my ignorance, had my egg for 7 years but just now looking at different tools.  
  • JMJ
    JMJ Posts: 52
    Options
    Proud to have ordered from CGS. Worth every penny. 
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    I really like my Grillgrate
    Ross
  • distanceman
    distanceman Posts: 138
    Options
    Go with CGS. I have a Woo, half moon plates and the stainless drip pan. Killer combo. 

Heres a spread I did on the XL. Half moon plate under the crab legs and shrimp; everything else raised to about felt level and grilled. 

I laugh anytime I hear how Kamado Joe’s Divide and Conquer and/or how BGE is innovate—straight up robbed from Tom and CGS. 
    Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Go with CGS. I have a Woo, half moon plates and the stainless drip pan. Killer combo. 

Heres a spread I did on the XL. Half moon plate under the crab legs and shrimp; everything else raised to about felt level and grilled. 

I laugh anytime I hear how Kamado Joe’s Divide and Conquer and/or how BGE is innovate—straight up robbed from Tom and CGS. 
    Nice spread you have there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Mickey said:
    Cornholio said:
    Why BGE? They sure as hell did not do ANY RD except take what Tom at CGS had created. Why would anyone pay them a dime for taking that design and calling it an Egg product.  
    I own 3 Large Adj Rigs and rigs for both my Mini-Max and Mini. NOT ONE DAME DIME TO BGE for their copy! 
    Apologies for my ignorance, had my egg for 7 years but just now looking at different tools.  
    Please Cornholio do not take what i said to be at you. I am so pissed at BGE for many things over a lot of years and this is my biggest issue. BGE used to be such a better place. BGE would have never taken someone's work and sold it as their own. Never. 
    So Cornholio once more if you took my words at you i am sorry, they are at Corporate. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Cornholio
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Cornholio said:
    Mickey said:
    Cornholio said:
    Please Cornholio do not take what i said to be at you. I am so pissed at BGE for many things over a lot of years and this is my biggest issue. BGE used to be such a better place. BGE would have never taken someone's work and sold it as their own. Never. 
    So Cornholio once more if you took my words at you i am sorry, they are at Corporate. 
    Oh, no apology needed.. I was being serious that I didn’t know much at all on the subject.  The only after market items I’ve bought have been a rib rack and a Smokeware cap since my daisy wheel was broken when I had a dome fall out last year (that was a tragedy).  I only lurked on here for recipes up until just recently and didn’t even know about CGS until a few days ago.  

I’ve got thick enough skin so no hurt feeling here. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    I bought all my accessories from CGS!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Aviator
    Options
    Thanks Tom, That certainly clears the air. I have been your customes as well and love your stuff. I have the woo for both my small and large from you and a bunch of other stuff as well. You will still be my go to place, especially now. 

Chattanooga, TN.

• egghead43
    egghead43 Posts: 138
    Options
    Does anyone have a link to the one Tom sells?
  • egghead43
    egghead43 Posts: 138
    Options
    I found the store, but can't find their chimney cap
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I have had my egg for at least 5-6 years and the only things I have purchased is a smokeware cap,  cast iron grill grates, and the BGE grate second smaller grate (forgot what it’s actually called).  Do I need anything else really?  I always see everyone talking about ash baskets and such.  I sadly don’t know what a lot of the stuff that CGS sell or sadly what it does.  Explain it to me like I’m a 3 year old. lol. TIA
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Explain it to me like I’m a 3 year old. lol.

A lot of what CGS sells is designed to allow you to stuff more food into the egg for cooking.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.