Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space Force

Anyone know how I enlist? I'm a Navy veteran. Will my rank carry over? So many questions...

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    You have to beat all levels of a certain video game in Roswell N. M.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColtsFan said:
    Here's your craft!

How has Boeing hid the construction of this? That's just awesome, where do I sign up?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Here's your craft!

How has Boeing hid the construction of this? That's just awesome, where do I signboard up?
    They will never buy it . The Lockheed Looters will get the contract.  Then they will deliver it ten years late, at double the bid price, and only 70% of the promised features. Of course by then China will have already hacked their computer and built their own version.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Army > Space Force > Navy
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    thetrim said:
    Army > Space Force > Navy
    Space Force football? We'll settle this on the moon. GO NAVY!
  • DMW
    Botch said:
    The USofA needs a Cyber Force long before we need a Space Force, FYSA....
    Understatement of the past 30 years. Bits and bytes might be boring to most, but they're important.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FrostyEgg
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    Understatement of the past 30 years. Bits and bytes might be boring to most, but they're important.
    Wait...you're telling me cyber security is more important that defending earth with laser guns and droids?!
  • DMW
    FrostyEgg said:
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    Wait...you're telling me cyber security is more important that defending earth with laser guns and droids?!
    Yes.
    I have more words, but they are not useful now.
    Yes is the answer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• FrostyEgg
    DMW said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    Yes.
    Yes is the answer.
    But...but...laser guns!
  • DMW
    FrostyEgg said:
    DMW said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    Yes.
    Yes is the answer.
    But...but...laser guns!
    They are scary for sure.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    The US Navy has already used a laser to bring down aircraft in testing.
    The laser was used to burn off the tail unit of the targeted drone plane.
    Although not ready for deployment and still in developmental stages, it certainly has established the foundation for weapons to follow.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited June 2018
    This isn't quite like emailing classified information from your personal email on your personal server set up in a bathroom in Colorado somewhere, but you @yukonron are screwed, Dude!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    It has been on YouTube for over a year, I think. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    You must be able to master this game while stoned at 3 in the morning.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    edited June 2018
    It's about time we get a space force, has no one seen the documentary series on "Star Wars?"  A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...   We are completely unequipped to deal with the descendants of these various aliens that have already mastered LIGHT SPEED. 
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2018
    Is there a height requirement?
    I'm not worried because I'm 6'1" but there's a few of you that are sawed off half men who should sweat it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,126
    I’m confident that if Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos had suggested this, everyone would be calling him a visionary. 
  • DMW
    I’m confident that if Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos had suggested this, everyone would be calling him a visionary. 
    Not me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I just about spit my coffee.  That’s really funny.  Well played and way to get the day started.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Who will be in charge, the space cadet in chief?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Eoin said:
    Who will be in charge, the space cadet in chief?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    >snort!<

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Space force could be key to preventing unwanted alien immigration.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Smoker317 said:
    It's about time we get a space force, has no one seen the documentary series on "Star Wars?"  A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...   We are completely unequipped to deal with the descendants of these various aliens that have already mastered LIGHT SPEED. 
    Light speed? I’m more worried about ludicrous speed. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”