Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

no message

Options
12346»

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Dobie said:
    US citizens are separated from their kids when they commit crimes.

I really wasn’t going to comment here. However, when a citizen commits a crime there is a system in place to care for he children. They aren’t thrown into some detention center. They go into a DFACS system where they are placed. Maybe not the best, but at least with someone who is supposed to be trained and vetted.  These people are fleeing humanitarian atrocities. Women are routenly raped.  Men and boys murdered.  Have some compassion.  JFC.  Mine and JIC political views will never align, but damn. Off soap box.  
    Benefit of citizenship, want to prevent it don’t illegally enter the country. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:

I really wasn’t going to comment here. However, when a citizen commits a crime there is a system in place to care for he children. They aren’t thrown into some detention center. They go into a DFACS system where they are placed. Maybe not the best, but at least with someone who is supposed to be trained and vetted.  These people are fleeing humanitarian atrocities. Women are routenly raped.  Men and boys murdered.  Have some compassion.  JFC.  Mine and JIC political views will never align, but damn. Off soap box.  
    Benefit of citizenship, want to prevent it don’t illegally enter the country. 
    Wow...just wow. And not in a good way. Did you know that entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor? Not a felony, a misdemeanor. You believe that a child whose non-citizen parent commits a misdemeanor deserves to be taken away from family?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

thetrim said:
    It's a shame that so many people have died at the hands of illegal aliens while you and yours want to give them sanctuary instead of justice.
    Homework Assignment for @thetrim :
    Which group has killed more American citizens in the last three years:
    a) illegal immigrants, or
    b) young, white, "christian" males in school shootings?

I really don't know the answer to this one.  It would do you good to do some actual research, and we're anxious to hear your findings.  Thanks!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Kids cry.  

Big freakin deal.  

Kate Steinlie died thanks to a sanctuary city policy.  And none of those pitching a fit over one crying kid cared about Kate Steinle at all.  

SHAME ON YOU!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Kids cry.  

Big freakin deal.  

Kate Steinlie died thanks to a sanctuary city policy.  And none of those pitching a fit over one crying kid cared about Kate Steinle at all.  

SHAME ON YOU!!!
    And how many crimes were solved/prevented because of sanctuary city policies?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Should be all deported. Play the child card all you want still wrong. There are legal ways to do it, just because they bring their spawn with them doesn’t exempt anyone.
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Should be all deported. Play the child card all you want still wrong. There are legal ways to do it, just because they bring their spawn with them doesn’t exempt anyone.
    No disagreement from me on that. Deport the entire family, together. Our borders should be enforced. Our immigration courts are so understaffed they can't get it done in 20 days and the courts ruled they can't hold the kids longer than that. So fix the courts so they can deport the parents with the kids in under 20 days. But don't remove the kids from the parents. Ever.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Dobie said:

An honest question here, if there was in place the exact same system for the kids going into the DFACS as for kids of citizens who are arrested, would this all go away? Yeah, right.
  • Botch
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    SMH, why do Trump's handlers let him do this stuff! Does anyone in his organization have any class?
    Trump HAS no "handlers"!  That's why this whole thing is so entertaining/dangerous!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options

How is her butt more tan than her hands?
    Ah, something to think about as I fall asleep tonight!  :triumph:

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Kids cry.  

Big freakin deal.  

SHAME ON YOU!!!
    ZERO
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    Options
    thetrim said:
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Kids cry.  

Big freakin deal.  

SHAME ON YOU!!!
    ZERO
    Oh.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    What ever happened to Elian Gonzalez?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    Options
    He was returned to his father.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DMW said:
     After Janet Reno forcefully removed him at the end of a gun barrel?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    No, she sat in her office.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
     Oops, you are right.  She sent in an assault squad to separate him from his family, even after his mother drowned trying to get him to the US.

• DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
     Oops, you are right.  She sent in an assault squad to do it for her.

Yeah, she was pretty terrible. I'm just really glad they didn't kill anyone and returned the child to his father, especially considering the child's mother was since deceased.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Yeah, she was pretty terrible. I'm just really glad they didn't kill anyone and returned the child to his father, especially considering the child's mother was since deceased.
     She drowned trying to get him to his family in the US.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

You mean the family he had never met, or his family (father) back in Cuba?

I really don't have enough facts to form a real opinion on this., I'm just:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

That was my goal too.  I treat these threads like high school debate.  I pick a side and run with it.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

That was my goal too.  I treat these threads like high school debate.  I pick a side and run with it.
    I competed in Extemporaneous Speaking in Middle School/High School (can't remember which) TSA. I think I placed 2nd or 3rd, not sure exactly. I now spend a decent amount of my professional life speaking to others about a topic. I don't know where I'm going with this, I need to got to bed. Jet lag is a miserable mistress... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    A kinder and gentler nation:Can you believe Fox News said the children separated from their parents during the deportation, were child actors?

I don't know if you saw this, but this was the child that made most of global media headlines, and again here, on the cover of Time, after being separated from her mother.

America being made great. We keep going, we will not need to pay for a wall. The rest of the world will do it for us
     Fakenews.  No joke.  Check it out.  That particular girl was not. 
    Again: forest and trees.
     I agree, but I'm not the one who had an entire forest to choose a tree from.  Shows a lack of integrity on the news side.  When the news lacks accuracy in their reporting it feeds the fuel of conspiracy theorists.
    What it shows is a simple clerical error which they have acknowledged and corrected.

Actually we know the  the whole graphic is fake cuz Trumpy would never  stand that close to an "illegal alien" since they might be a member of MS13.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Fixed it for you Scottie ...

SGH said:
    Brother Tex, thought I would give Ron a break and hijack your thread. I ask for forgiveness up front. 
    With that said and aside, I went on eating binge tonight as a treat for finally getting home from offshore. 
    I got it started with a cup of seafood gumbo and shrimp bisque. Couldn’t decide which I wanted so I said what the fukk and got both. 

Next I got a 2 pound order of ribeye cheese fries. That’s not a typo, ribeye, fries, cheese and gravy on the side. Simply magnificent. 

For the main course, I thought why not. I went with the seafood platter. Soft shell crabs, shrimp, oysters, fish and hush puppies.

Brother Tex, thanks for the welcome back. It’s certainly good to be home my friend. And that offer on the cow head still stands until next Friday. If you or someone else don’t want it, I’m going to cook it on Grim Guys Vault. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fixed it for you Scottie ...

That’s why I love ya brother Ozzie. In an extremely ungay way of course. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Friday Night Entertainment Folks. Thanks for the diversion.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2018
    Options

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Did all of y’all sober up? What happened? Come back...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN