Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Money back guarantee

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
So much vitriol in what we see in media these days. So much to hate on or get riled up about. Im as guilty as anyone.

If you don’t feel a little better about the world or crack a smile, laugh out loud,  or even shed a little tear after watching this, I’ll give you your money back. This is the best thing I’ve watched in I don’t know how long. 

Hope you enjoy as much much as we did

Tex

https://youtu.be/QjvzCTqkBDQ
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Well crap- now I can’t get the video to embed. 

• there we go. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I didn't watch the entirety in real time, but thanks for posting, I needed that.

For some reason lately I've gravitated to polarizing topics. It's good to step back and remember that there is no need to be drawn to conflict, it is a choice.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2018
    I hung out with my best friend brother by choice last night. Hit several cool Houston spots. Best time in so many years. Still hurts from laughing!
    Just be happy, don't wait to be happy.
    Enjoy everything

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DMW said:
    I didn't watch the entirety in real time, but thanks for posting, I needed that.

For some reason lately I've gravitated to polarizing topics. It's good to step back and remember that there is no need to be drawn to conflict, it is a choice.
    Me too,man. It was a very welcome kick In The giblets. Watch it all when you get the chance.  Im not a Beatles fanboy by any stretch but seeing the joy on Paul, James Cordon, and all the people they touched  just reminded me that you are what you consume. I need to consume better stuff. 
  • Photo Egg said:
    I hung out with my best friend brother by choice last night. Hit several cool Houston spots. Best time in so many years. Still hurts from laughing!
    Just be happy, don't wait for wait to be hapoy.
    Enjoy everything

Amen D! 
  • DMW
    DMW said:

Me too,man. It was a very welcome kick In The giblets. Watch it all when you get the chance.  Im not a Beatles fanboy by any stretch but seeing the joy on Paul, James Cordon, and all the people they touched  just reminded me that you are what you consume. I need to consume better stuff. 
    I'm going to go hang out with friends tomorrow night I haven't seen for a few weeks, some of which I haven't seen for a few months. I have resolved to not bring up any topic which is somewhat polarizing and just enjoy their company.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Man. That was amazing. Loved every second.

I had the pleasure pf seeing Paul at Wrigley Field in Chicago when we lived there. Fantastic show.

Two years ago, while we were vacationing in St Barths at Christmas, he and his family sat at the table next to us. It was so cool to hear him just conversing with his wife and step kids in "that voice". 

Nobody bothered him at all.

I'm a huge fan.

Thanks, @The Cen-Tex Smoker 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMW
    edited June 2018
    Have had it playing in the background. Just went and re-watched the bit about James' grand-dad. I don't care who you are, let's have a hug.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Best Karpool Karaoke. Thanks, for posting. Rough week. Got me to smile.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • DMW said:
    Have had it playing in the background. Just went and re-watched the bit about James's grand-dad. I don't care who you are, let's have a hug.
    There’s way more. That was the first of many. 
  • DMW
    DMW said:
    Have had it playing in the background. Just went and re-watched the bit about James's grand-dad. I don't care who you are, let's have a hug.
    I'm beginning to think we need another British Invasion.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    I'm beginning to think we need another British Invasion.
     Lets wait till after July 4th.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Im as guilty as anyone.
    Brother Tex, I’m proud to say that I’m innocent. However I may be being less than honest  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    SGH said:
    Im as guilty as anyone.
    Brother Tex, I’m proud to say that I’m innocent. However I may be being less than honest  ;)
    Dude, I'm glad you are back onshore. When is the last time you've been up north? Come for a visit brother, I have more cookers than I can handle on my own.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That is just too frickin' awesome for words.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SGH
    edited June 2018
    Brother Tex, thought I would give Ron a break and hijack your thread. I ask for forgiveness up front. 
    With that said and aside, I went on eating binge tonight as a treat for finally getting home from offshore. 
    I got it started with a cup of seafood gumbo and shrimp bisque. Couldn’t decide which I wanted so I said what the fukk and got both. 

Next I got a 2 pound order of ribeye cheese fries. That’s not a typo, ribeye, fries, cheese and gravy on the side. Simply magnificent. 

For the main course, I thought why not. I went with the seafood platter. Soft shell crabs, shrimp, oysters, fish and hush puppies.

Brother Tex, thanks for the welcome back. It’s certainly good to be home my friend. And that offer on the cow head still stands until next Friday. If you or someone else don’t want it, I’m going to cook it on Grim Guys Vault. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    DMW said:
    Dude, I'm glad you are back onshore. When is the last time you've been up north? Come for a visit brother, I have more cookers than I can handle on my own.
    It’s been a while since I have been in your neck of the woods. With that said, I may take a road trip up your way in the Money Wagon this fall. Would love to see you again brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited June 2018
    I think that they new I was coming. Read the sign carefully  =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Myself and Russ Jones from the Smoky Ribs YouTube channel. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    SGH said:

Are you wearing shorts with tiny anchors?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    DMW said:
    Yep. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    DMW said:
    SGH said:

His shorts with sphincters were in the wash. 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    are you checking for anal?
    just kidding, buddy.  don't see the other hand.  welcome back!
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Yep. 
    Are you still 89 and eat 37.2lbs of meat a day?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Yep. 
    Are you still 89 and eat 37.2lbs of meat a day?
    54. I can still put down more than most. Check out the grub I posted above. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Glad to back. I need a break ole buddy. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Don’t forget I’m cooking a couple of cow heads on Grims Vault next weekend. Feel free to come over brother. May boil up some crab and shrimp while we are at it. 

Status- Standing by.