Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Do you wear an Apron when you egg, work in your shop/garage, etc?

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    SonVolt said:

I'd lose weight just by hanging that apron on the fridge.
    Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Yup, wear a nice Georgia Bulldogs one every time I’m on the Egg. Handy to throw my Thermopen and a rag in the pocket, and saves me from getting grease, ash, etc. on my clothes. Got tired of staining clothes and tired of changing just to grill.  

Folks make fun of me, but candidly, I couldn’t care less. 

man that is one ugly apron =)
    It was found in the $1 clearance bin. THWG 
    38-7  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Not as often as I should.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Yup, wear a nice Georgia Bulldogs one every time I’m on the Egg. Handy to throw my Thermopen and a rag in the pocket, and saves me from getting grease, ash, etc. on my clothes. Got tired of staining clothes and tired of changing just to grill.  

Looks like someone threw up on you.  THWG
  • FlyOverCountry
    FlyOverCountry Posts: 665
    edited June 2018
    This all kinda started for me weeks ago when I got my Blackstone. I had just gotten it seasoned the day before and then the next morning woke up, took a shower and got ready and put on the brand new Columbia t-shirt my wife bought me. Went out and cooked breakfast and within 5min of putting the bacon down It started splattering grease all over me and my patio. Ruined a brand new shirt. Then a couple days later I was cooking a brisket point and when I was removing it from the egg I guess I wasn't paying attention and got brisket grease all over another shirt. As I said I've ruined at least 4-5 nice shirts. Ive since gone to wearing my crappy mowing clothes when I cook but that probably doesn't look that presentable when I have guests over. I think I will try one of those Hudson's out. They look nice, plus I can wear it when I do woodwork.
    You should go with this one as it fits your personality perfecly:

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    This all kinda started for me weeks ago when I got my Blackstone. I had just gotten it seasoned the day before and then the next morning woke up, took a shower and got ready and put on the brand new Columbia t-shirt my wife bought me. Went out and cooked breakfast and within 5min of putting the bacon down It started splattering grease all over me and my patio. Ruined a brand new shirt. Then a couple days later I was cooking a brisket point and when I was removing it from the egg I guess I wasn't paying attention and got brisket grease all over another shirt. As I said I've ruined at least 4-5 nice shirts. Ive since gone to wearing my crappy mowing clothes when I cook but that probably doesn't look that presentable when I have guests over. I think I will try one of those Hudson's out. They look nice, plus I can wear it when I do woodwork.

shots fired
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller

5-6

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt said:

shots fired
    I found a better one.  That one jus seemed mean.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2018
    SonVolt said:

shots fired
    I'm taking the high road and ignoring this Double Digit IQ moron. Going forward I am flagging all of its posts. I call it an "IT" because it doesn't deserve to be deemed human. I suggest you all do the same so maybe just maybe it can be kicked off this site.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125

5-6
    Avg number of years it takes to graduate from UGA? 
  • SonVolt said:

shots fired
    I'm taking the high road and ignoring this Double Digit IQ moron. Going forward I am flagging all of its posts. I call it an "IT" because it doesn't deserve to be deemed human. I suggest you all do the same so maybe just maybe it can be kicked off this site.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited June 2018

5-6
    Avg number of years it takes to graduate from UGA? 
    That seems... optimistic.  Are you excluding athletes?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    edited June 2018
    It could be the average number of teeth missing from a Dawg fan. THWG 
  • GATraveller
    edited June 2018
    Average # of times a Tech student is mugged walking to/from Comic Con.

I certainly didn't want to leave Athens once I finished.  The real world is a lot less fun...and the girls are uglier!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    I’d take my chances in downtown Atlanta over a night in Athens after a home loss. It’s straight up dangerous. You guys don’t handle a loss very well. 
  • GATraveller
    I’d take my chances in downtown Atlanta over a night in Athens after a home loss. It’s straight up dangerous. You guys don’t handle a loss very well. 
    That's because we're not used to it like you folks on North Ave.  =)

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    edited June 2018
    Gotta say that you tee'd that one up DE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Please. Dawg fans started chanting Fire Richt by the end of September every year. 
  • GATraveller
    Please. Dawg fans started chanting Fire Richt by the end of September every year. 
    You're right about that.  There was a contingent of fans that called for his head every season - which I never got.  A coach who averages 9+ wins a season and is a better human being than a coach!?!?  I was furious when they fired him!  Yet Paul Johnson averages 7 wins a season and he keeps getting contract extensions.  Crazy!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    edited June 2018
    Of course I loathe UGA but Richt is an honorable and all around good man. The jealousy of Dawg fans watching other SEC teams win national championships was too much for them to bear. The Auburn national championship is what ultimately sent the Dawg fans into a frenzy and set the path for Richt’s firing. 

Seven wins a season isn’t terrible considering the quality of players that GT can recruit. GT is smart enough to know that so they use coaching stability as a recruiting tool. I’d rather have the stability than the roller coaster down in Auburn. One good year and Auburn writes a blank check only to buy out that contract a couple years later. It wouldn’t be Auburn football unless you have an ex coach still on the payroll for millions. 
  • GATraveller
    Of course I loathe UGA but Richt is an honorable and all around good man. The jealousy of Dawg fans watching other SEC teams win national championships was too much for them to bear. The Auburn national championship is what ultimately sent the Dawg fans into a frenzy and set the path for Richt’s firing. 

Seven wins a season isn’t terrible considering the quality of players that GT can recruit. GT is smart enough to know that so they use coaching stability as a recruiting tool. I’d rather have the stability than the roller coaster down in Auburn. One good year and Auburn writes a blank check only to buy out that contract a couple years later. It wouldn’t be Auburn football unless you have an ex coach still on the payroll for millions. 
    Auburn buying that one with sCam Newton did hurt....not gonna lie.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    That's because we're not used to it like you folks on North Ave.  =)

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Can we get backs to aprons?   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    thetrim said:
    My bad......carry on.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    thetrim said:
    Here you go. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    thetrim said:
    apron backs =)

Image result for apron backs bikini

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Clearly we are moving in a more positive direction now. Heck this thing might even get Buffaloed if it keeps up. Hate to see that because I had a legit question originally.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I have an awesome Incredible Hulk apron somewhere if I can find it I’ll post a pic 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf