Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Dad's, What Did You Score For Father's Day?

Options
My wife paid for my gun range membership.  My eldest daughter bought four tickets to a Detroit Tigers game for the whole family and my youngest bought a gift card to Home Depot.  I'm a lucky dad this year!  What did you get?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• sunder1025
    sunder1025 Posts: 24
    Options
    I got a fireboard bbq edition from the wife and the "kids" (5 and 3) got me a Nintendo Labo set, which I think is more of a gift for them as they demanded that we build one of the house one right away and then they spent a couple hours playing with it and decorating it.  At least it kept them quiet while I watched Germany get embarrassed. 
    Toronto, ON - Large
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Got a new office chair (I home office) with a Gamecock logo on it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    In intended to post this for all of you fathers with a son or few. 
    https://youtu.be/b-7c4VNGOgU

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Mine normally (with the help of their mother) buy me some booze for father's day, but since they asked before splashing out and I've been looking for an excuse to get one, I have a Roccbox in green arriving tomorrow.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone
    Got a late gift than came today. 
    2 Vikings Blade’s Silver tip Badger Shaving Brushes. 
    A Vikings Blade Vulcan DE Razor. 
    A Vikings Blade Razor & Brush Stand. 
    A Vikings Blade Lathering Bowl. 
    50 Vikings Blade Razor Cartridges. 
    Last but not least, a tub of Taylor Of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream. 
    I don’t know how to take this. Is it just a nice gesture or is she trying to tell me that I need to shave  =)
    On a serious note, I absolutely love it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Got this too but I posted it on another thread. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    A Ridge wallet, a book for summer reading, and a couple Tommy Bahama t-shirts which I am too cheap to buy myself. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Given that I’ve been buying crap like crazy based on recommendations from here. I didn’t really need much so I asked for a 12” Lodge Cast Iron skillet so I could make that pan pizza @GrillSgt@Focker have been making. Also got a bag of Rockwood. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dang. Y’all cleaned house. @SGH that’s an awesome set. I got one similar a few years ago. Thought I would never use it but I do every day. 

Well, my sweet wife mowed the yard (second time in her life) and brought home hot chicken sandwiches for dinner.

Then after my MIL was being a royal PITA about taking over Fathers Day she ended up with shingles and we had to cancel tonight’s dinner. 

So....all in all...a pretty solid gift for me. I was really hoping for an Apple pie but I will live vicariously through @YukonRon

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH
    Options
    Killit_and_Grillit said:
     @SGH that’s an awesome set. I got one similar a few years ago. Thought I would never use it but I do every day. 
    Thanks brother. Since my hands has gotten to stiff to use a straight razor, I use a DE safety razor exclusively.  

Status- Standing by.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I received love, honor and respect, (once a year, can't wait for next year)....oh yeah, our children bought me a very cool, fold up, heavy duty, wagon so it will be easier to transport coolers, MiniMax, lump and chicken wing trophies. I am now mobile, agile, senile. A trophy taker and heart breaker.

It was something I had wanted for a very long time.

My Beautiful Wife made my favorite food ever; apple pie. It was (emphasis on the word "was")
    "Delicious." And she gave me a little something on the side too...Ice Cream to go with it.

Check out the hearts....she also prepared king crab legs for lunch. 

What a great day.

Apple pie and ice cream? Ron’s the winner guys. Just don’t even bother posting anything else.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Yukon Ron is my hero.... Kill it n grill it..... One funny sob! I love u guys
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Some spice and tea seasoning, plus a really great homemade card, couldn’t ask for more. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I got a Green Mountain Grills pellet grill from the wife and daughter. Portable thing called "Davy Crockett". Cant wait till this weekend to fire it up and try it out. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I bank my birthday/anniversary/Father’s Day gifts in a virtual credit account. Usually for the annual Chrismahannukwanzakah buying spree at the end of the year. 

But somehow, a new set of SS pans showed up last week. :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Kcheves
    Kcheves Posts: 92
    Options

My wife gave me the CGS XL Woo/AR Combo with 17.5" stone and drip pan.  How did she know? :)

And we had a BBQ for the dads and grads in our extended family.

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I got some new flip flops, a new purdue basketball shirt and did a cookout for the open with some friends and their families, great day all around.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My mom cracks me up. I asked her if she did anything nice for Dad for Fathers Day. She said, “Why? He’s not my father.”  Lol. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    I got the BBQ Edition Texas Monthly magazine and a promise to visit some of them we havent.  Went to Stiles Switch for Dinner.  Spent most of the day with the Youngest Daughter- including seeing Incredibles 2

SWMBO went on Amazon with my approval and got a new iPad keyboard cover as she hates the one I have- seems likes it more for her than me.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My wife (and kids) got me a 20oz Yeti rambler which I will use for coffee in the mornings and the occasional roadie sodie (when she is driving of course), a Hudson apron for cooking/smoking/grilling and working on my bike, and some cologne.  Also got an REI gift card from my FIL.  

Best gift was doing nothing all day but eating brisket and playing with the kids.   
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My mom cracks me up. I asked her if she did anything nice for Dad for Fathers Day. She said, “Why? He’s not my father.”  Lol. 
    I tried that with Amy one year on mother’s day.  Suffice to say, it don’t go well. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Two new pair of boots.  One for riding and one for dress.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • northGAcock
    Options
    tml1230 said:
    The SOB part of that is accurate.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    tml1230 said:
    The SOB part of that is accurate.
    SOB - Stinky Ol’ Backseat 
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    The family got me a ticket to see Steve Raichlen for his Project Fire roadshow. No idea what it is exactly, but I’m heading there tonight.