Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    How the fvck fir SF get rated so high? That place is effed up from the feet up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    #biasedagainstAtlanta.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    #biasedagainstAtlanta.
    Had to be.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    YukonRon said:
    I don’t read the criteria, sir. I’m only here to stir the pot. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    USA airports definitely took it in the shorts-but my recent int'l travels would say that CDG (Charles De Gaulle) is ranked way too high.  Makes ATL look like the most efficient place on the planet.   FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    I don’t read the criteria, sir. I’m only here to stir the pot. 
    Typical GT engineer.  Only good for stirring a pot.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    lousubcap said:
    USA airports definitely took it in the shorts-but my recent int'l travels would say that CDG (Charles De Gaulle) is ranked way too high.  Makes ATL look like the most efficient place on the planet.   FWIW-
    Concur, I go through CDG a lot, and it reminds me of SF. Nothing is right.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Scalloped creole tomatoes and crab and cheese rellenos 
    Holy SH!T!! That. Is. Beautiful!! Well done, sir.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    HeavyG said:
    Sitting here thinking about coming out of retirement and getting in on the ground floor (so to speak) in the burgeoning field of Space Traffic Management.

I'm qualified too!  All my instructors told me, in college, that I took up Space!!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    NOLA is absolutely killing it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    YukonRon said:
    This is probably standard daily fare for him. He’s just posting it for a change. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    This is probably standard daily fare for him. He’s just posting it for a change. 
    No doubt. It looks awesome to me though.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    No doubt. It looks awesome to me though.
    Agreed. His standard is that high. 
  • I can already here my mom nagging. 

“Do ya want to have to send an email to Bruce?

Cause that’s how you send an email to Bruce...”

#fuego

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    @YukonRon, Rose is beautiful!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    My Beautiful Wife is crazy about this dog. Eats like it is a 4 legged walking pit. She has been the best dog I have ever had.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    YukonRon said:
    My Beautiful Wife is crazy about this dog. Eats like it is a 4 legged walking pit. She has been the best dog I have ever had.

What is she, sure a gorgeous one
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    It’s late, but made cacio e pepe for meatless Monday.  So tasty:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    @logchief

She is a Great Pyrenees. She is a mountain guardian for livestock. They have an extra toe on their paws to help them in rugged mountain terrain, and are excellent swimmers.

My Beautiful Wife and I are avid outdoors folk, and this dog is perfect for high elevation and dynamic weather change. A great companion hiking, backpacking, and summiting.

The last dog I had, was a European born Golden Retriever. I thought that dog was the best dog I have ever had. She was was a wonderful friend and companion. We had to put her down Christmas Eve, 6 years ago. I swore then, I would never have another dog, because nothing, in my mind, could ever come close.

I was wrong. 

We bought her for our daughter, this past Christmas, and we have had her more often than she. Glad of it too.

This dog is awesome, and the only dog I would ever place above a Golden Retriever. Golden owners will know what I am talking about, they are great dogs, and if you do not get a Great Pyrenees, I strongly suggest a Golden Retreiver, should you be in the market.

They are curious, fearless, strong willed, gentle, smart, patient, affectionate and confident. Female, non breeders, (which she is), can get up to 120 pounds or more. They are generally smaller than the males of this breed.

Her vision and sense of hearing is amazing, as is her ability to track. 

We walk her twice a day for 5K meters, about 3.2 miles, and often to keep her tracking senses working, either My Beautiful Wife or I will leave early and have Rose find us. She does so with ease.

She is a protector to be sure, and many have are used for protection and perimeter security.

They need a lot of exercise, obviously, and love children. Having a second dog would be a bonus. They love to play. They play until they drop.

They need a lot of time and dedication, and they are pack animals, and you will become part of their pack. They want to be with you, against you, or on your lap.

If you have the time, these are the dogs. They train easily, and are perfect for service animals.

We got ours from a breeder in central Kentucky, which raises livestock on his farm. He uses these dogs to protect against coyotes, and wolves. He was having problems with his cattle and chickens getting picked off, brought these in, and has had zero issues, other than predator carcass removal.

They will also rid your area of rabbits and squirrels, which are very destructive to crops and gardens.

Sorry for the long response.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:

You could have had Maddie......and you still could.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @nolaegghead DAMN man stop posting envy-inducing stuff like that.  I want a FLIR camera. And your recipe for those tomatoes.  Also kind of cracks me up that you used a tool to stuff those peppers... talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight...

@acn that's some very fine looking pasta there!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    YukonRon said:
    @logchief

She is a Great Pyrenees. She is a mountain guardian for livestock. They have an extra toe on their paws to help them in rugged mountain terrain, and are excellent swimmers.

My Beautiful Wife and I are avid outdoors folk, and this dog is perfect for high elevation and dynamic weather change. A great companion hiking, backpacking, and summiting.

The last dog I had, was a European born Golden Retriever. I thought that dog was the best dog I have ever had. She was was a wonderful friend and companion. We had to put her down Christmas Eve, 6 years ago. I swore then, I would never have another dog, because nothing, in my mind, could ever come close.

I was wrong. 

We bought her for our daughter, this past Christmas, and we have had her more often than she. Glad of it too.

This dog is awesome, and the only dog I would ever place above a Golden Retriever. Golden owners will know what I am talking about, they are great dogs, and if you do not get a Great Pyrenees, I strongly suggest a Golden Retreiver, should you be in the market.

They are curious, fearless, strong willed, gentle, smart, patient, affectionate and confident. Female, non breeders, (which she is), can get up to 120 pounds or more. They are generally smaller than the males of this breed.

We walk her twice a day for 5K meters, about 3.2 miles, and often to keep her tracking senses working, either My Beautiful Wife or I will leave early and have Rose find us. She does so with ease.

She is a protector to be sure, and many have are used for protection and perimeter security.

They need a lot of exercise, obviously, and love children. Having a second dog would be a bonus. They love to play. They play until they drop.

They need a lot of time and dedication, and they are pack animals, and you will become part of their pack. They want to be with you, against you, or on your lap.

If you have the time, these are the dogs. They train easily, and are perfect for service animals.

We got ours from a breeder in central Kentucky, which raises livestock on his farm. He uses these dogs to protect against coyotes, and wolves. He was having problems with his cattle and chickens getting picked off, brought these in, and has had zero issues, other than predator carcass removal.

They will also rid your area of rabbits and squirrels, which are very destructive to crops and gardens.

My sil has a female on their farm and she is a sweet heart but definitely a banger with yotes!  She will wrestle and submit to my golden for hours but I know she takes care of business too, sometimes when I go over in the mornings her paws will be covered with blood from some unfortunate victim.  I have see her run all the way across the yard to chase a hawk out of a tree!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon said:

You can bring her up anytime, or just leave her at Brent's house along the way. I am almost certain @bgebrent would love to keep her fo a week or so....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

You can bring her up anytime, or just leave her at Brent's house along the way. I am almost certain @bgebrent would love to keep her fo a week or so....
    I am right certain Brent's cat want be able to out run Maddie. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    @logchief

I was wrong. 

My sil has a female on their farm and she is a sweet heart but definitely a banger with yotes!  She will wrestle and submit to my golden for hours but I know she takes care of business too, sometimes when I go over in the mornings her paws will be covered with blood from some unfortunate victim.  I have see her run all the way across the yard to chase a hawk out of a tree!
    Yeah, she chases birds and loves to catch fire flies in the evening. She will leap and snag them in the air. 

They are very cool to watch in the field and witness their systematic approach to herding and hunting.

Just a fascinating creature.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    @northGAcock

My Beautiful Wife has two cats, there is a handle of Titos in it, per cat, if Maddie makes them vanish.

No evidence....or no Titos.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    At least someone out there is realistic with their vintage cooker pricing.