Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Indian Peppers

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
Roudy made these a few years back at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest and they were excellent. Been meaning to give them a go.  It was last minute and I couldn’t find Paneer, but I substituted in some Ricotta and crumbling cheese instead. Also used mango chutney instead of the tamarind chutney. They weren’t as good as Roudy’s, but they got great reviews with my small group folks. They’re a nice change of pace from the typical egged appetizer.

http://www.chefpriyanka.com/indian-stuffed-masala-peppers-with-paneer/

I also didn’t make the Garam Masala from scratch, but had a packet of the Spice and Tea Exchange’s Garam Masala that @northGAcock gave me awhile back. It’s good stuff... flavored the potato mixture really well. The mixture doesn’t look too appetizing before it’s egged, but the final product is really good, especially with a kiss of smoke.  

Comments