Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sweet Indian Peppers

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,820
Roudy made these a few years back at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest and they were excellent. Been meaning to give them a go.  It was last minute and I couldn’t find Paneer, but I substituted in some Ricotta and crumbling cheese instead. Also used mango chutney instead of the tamarind chutney. They weren’t as good as Roudy’s, but they got great reviews with my small group folks. They’re a nice change of pace from the typical egged appetizer.

http://www.chefpriyanka.com/indian-stuffed-masala-peppers-with-paneer/

I also didn’t make the Garam Masala from scratch, but had a packet of the Spice and Tea Exchange’s Garam Masala that @northGAcock gave me awhile back. It’s good stuff... flavored the potato mixture really well. The mixture doesn’t look too appetizing before it’s egged, but the final product is really good, especially with a kiss of smoke.  

Comments

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,536
    You didn’t  use peaches?
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,352
    Those sound and look pretty good from here. 

Now... 20 lashes for the shortcuts :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • kaybeekaybee Posts: 106
    Looks like I have another contender for 'amazing vegetarian dish'!! Looks wonderful, definitely going to have to try this.
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,820
    Thx guys... @theyolksonyou, I’m actually looking for a good peach recipe for canning.  Maybe salsa.  The trees are doing pretty well this year and are starting to sag. 

kaybee said:
    Looks like I have another contender for 'amazing vegetarian dish'!! Looks wonderful, definitely going to have to try this.
    @kaybee, this is a good one that will fool you.  If you didn’t know any better, you’d think meat was in it.  
  • Looks awesome! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 966
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx guys... @theyolksonyou, I’m actually looking for a good peach recipe for canning.  Maybe salsa.  The trees are doing pretty well this year and are starting to sag. 

What's the secrete to keeping the ants, wasps and every other critter off the peaches long enough to eat one? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
    SonVolt said:
    Dyal_SC said:

What's the secrete to keeping the ants, wasps and every other critter off the peaches long enough to eat one? 
    @SonVolt, the secret is liquid Sevin diluted with water. It’s probably not the most organic method, but it’s the only way I can keep June Bugs from devouring them. The deer are a different story. 
  • @Dyal_SC liquid sevin and water is my jam!  My granddad had his farm tested twice before and after using it on over 200 species by Miss State. Bugs gone. High yield. Minimal environmental impact. 

Im jealous of that tree. I really need to move to a citrus climate. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,768
    Beautiful Craig.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,554
    @Dyal_SC liquid sevin and water is my jam!  My granddad had his farm tested twice before and after using it on over 200 species by Miss State. Bugs gone. High yield. Minimal environmental impact. 

Im jealous of that tree. I really need to move to a citrus climate. 
    You keep your butt right up there where you are. There is no room for you down here. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,554
    Dyal_SC said:

Now that is what you call local peaches.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • You keep your butt right up there where you are. There is no room for you down here. 

South of Nashville, TN

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,731
    How do you apply the liquid sevin and water? 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Aviator said:
    How do you apply the liquid sevin and water? 
    With a cheap 1 gallon chemical sprayer. It’s something like 3 oz of Sevin to 1 gallon of water. 

https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-20000-Multi-Purpose-Fertilizers-Household/dp/B000E28UQU