Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - US Open

DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
Who’s your pick and whatcha cooking? 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2018
    Some high(bad) scores by some good players right now.
    Can only watch the leader board scores. Is the weather a factor or just a tough start? Was looking good for Kuchar at -2 but now back to even par.
    +10 for Rory, wow. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    Rory is too streaky. It’s all or nothing with him. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Can you really pick anyone other than Dustin right now? Maybe Rickie? Probably gonna cook Beef Ribs.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Its super windy.  Poor guys.  They should come out here and play in west Texas.  I don't know how to play if the wind isn't blowing. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    The Europeans will get a jump on the field in the wind. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Conditions are tough with the wind and it’s suppose to get worse this afternoon.  Pretty humbling when a pro is 10 over halfway through round one.  

Thinking pizzas or a brisket this weekend.  Or both.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    That 1:47 group with DJ, Tiger, and Justin Thomas should be good 
  • Hoster05
    tiger might burn the grass with the amount of stinger shots hes going to hit today.  keep it below the wind and survive.
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Hoster05 said:
    tiger might burn the grass with the amount of stinger shots hes going to hit today.  keep it below the wind and survive.
    Yup. He’s a grinder for sure. I really hope he plays well. Golf is a lot more interesting when he is in the mix. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 said:
    Yup. He’s a grinder for sure. I really hope he plays well. Golf is a lot more interesting when he is in the mix. 
    My wife has a disdain for him for off course actions.  She also isn't much into golf but I agree with you, there a very few athletes that change the entire sport in which they play.  I'd bet if you ask any tour pro under the age of 30 what pro they wanted to be growing up, 9/10 would say Tiger.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    I wish he’d go back to those days. He played a lot better  B)
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    92.  Ouch.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DoubleEgger
    I’m already dreading Joe Buck 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    I always have to pull for lefty.  we are having some friends over sunday for Wings, Brats, buffalo dip and scotch eggs plus whatever they bring. should be a nice weekend, here is to hoping lefty completes the career grand slam this weekend.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    I picked Justin Rose. Love seeing these guys in tough conditions for a change. Makes you realize JUST how good they really are!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Hoster05
    i went with Rose, fowler and Day in my pick league.  2 of 3 are in good position.  

I do have to say that fox's graphics seem to be pretty good.  Most everyone likes the shot tracking and I personally like the distance to the flag or bunker/landing area being shown.  

Pretty cool that the NHL ref who qualified for this only shot 2 shots worse then Rory and 3 worse then DAy.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • I got Fowler, Reed, DeChambeau, and Bubba in my friendly $20 draft with some (7) friends.  I'm in the clubhouse with a +19...
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

Honestly my pick going in was Day.  Just thought he'd really put it together this year.  Ouch after day 1 with a 79.  I do have 6 Draft Kings teams and a couple of them are looking good though.  DJ and Fowler are the keys to both.

Lots of golf left and that course is brutal.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Early for tennis isn’t it?  I can’t cook for anything.  This Egg is so confusing.  Justin Rose this weekend.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I love it when folks say to tiger, "swing like you used to". I'm sure he's the first one who would if he could..

I've always said I want to play as good as Tiger, and now- I'm almost there! Within 10 anyway.

Joking  aside - I'd love for him to win another major.  I played golf in high school in the early 90s (90/91), not a popular sport then.   He was one of the once in a lifetime game changers for the sport. The level of competition now is great, but no super stars, just a hot player that week.  I wanted  Jordan to be that guy.. He's great, but in the pack not leading the pack.  Dustin is great, but more of the same. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • I love it when folks say to tiger, "swing like you used to". I'm sure he's the first one who would if he could..

I've always said I want to play as good as Tiger, and now- I'm almost there! Within 10 anyway.

Joking  aside - I'd love for him to win another major.  I played golf in high school in the early 90s (90/91), not a popular sport then.   He was one of the once in a lifetime game changers for the sport. The level of competition now is great, but no super stars, just a hot player that week.  I wanted  Jordan to be that guy.. He's great, but in the pack not leading the pack.  Dustin is great, but more of the same. 
    I think stewart was gonna be the guy. Plus he wore some cool clothes. Damn airplane. 

Little Rock, AR

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    You might like Bryson DeChambaeu then...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Would any of you buy those grasshopper pants?? Not me.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Hoster05
    agreed, a lot of young guns but only people who really watch golf know of the young guys for the most part.  Tiger brought in the casual fan and made fans of people who didn't like the game at all.  And he more or less created an entire business line for Nike.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    I’m already dreading Joe Buck 
    #mutejoebuck

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Looks like Tiger's headed back to his dinghy and gonna miss the weekend.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Tiger at +10 only 1 off projected cut!  Standby...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Tiger at +10 only 1 off projected cut!  Standby...
    Standing by...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I'm just amazed that so many really really good golfers are doing so bad. Rory, Lefty, Tiger, Bubba. Its crazy. I still hold my original. Dustin is on fire. Rickie May catch up.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    I'm just amazed that so many really really good golfers are doing so bad. Rory, Lefty, Tiger, Bubba. Its crazy. I still hold my original. Dustin is on fire. Rickie May catch up.
    One hole and Dustin’s lead could be gone. Lot of golf left to play.