Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new table

Options
Pics of my table that I just completed.  First, some background. I never planned to buy a BGE; it was never on my radar. I was on an email list from a bbq store near Lancaster PA, around four hours from where I live; less than a hour from my moms. I was visiting my mother, nothing was going on that Saturday, and the store was having an Eggfest. I saw 'free bbq food', so I went. Needless to say, I was blown away by the BGE, and versatility of it, and I needed one. Someone there mentioned that the units are brand new, used one time, then sold at discount. There were all sold; so I told the gentleman to put me on the waiting list; if anyone doesn't pay timely I will buy one. Two weeks later I rcvd a call, and was asked if I was still interested. I paid at the moment, and the next month went to go pick it up, fully assembled. Sweet deal. 

Poking around this sight and others, I saw all the beautiful tables that were made, and I had to have one. So I patently waited for the right deal on a piece of granite. Over the winter I procured a 3x5 piece of granite for $100 from CL. There was a hole for an umbrella in the center. I took it to the local granite shop and got the 21" hole cut, at the edge of the  umbrella hole for $100. The disk that was removed was cleaned up, and I use it as a heat shield under the table nest. I built a cardboard template of the complete granite, and just winged my plans from there, using a picture of a egg table as a general reference. I've never built anything like this before. My neighbor has a wood shop and tools that I used for the initial build of the frame. Enjoy the pictures. And does anyone have any recommendation for a cover?  This won't get rained on, but I'd like to keep it clean. 

Finished product:

The drawer just slides on a piece of pressure treated lumber that I screwed down. 

Some construction pics:

Comments