Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cow Town

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110

Points on sale
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score right there.  Go forth and enjoy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I would make pastrami out of that.
    NOLA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Ill bet that is perfect for grilling!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    HeavyG said:
    Ill bet that is perfect for grilling!
    Funny!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    And some entertainment material...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That Radler is good on a hot day.  Enjoy.
  • Photo Egg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Legume said:

Had the blood orange for the first time yesterday. Was also great in the heat.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:

Ashtrays?   Haven’t seen those here for years.  There’s some areas where you can’t even smoke outdoors.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Legume
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:

Nice.  I haven’t seen that, but Austin Beerworks has a great blood orange ipa that I keep around in the summer, Bloodwork Orange.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:

Ashtrays?   Haven’t seen those here for years.  There’s some areas where you can’t even smoke outdoors.  
    Yup, welcome to California 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Photo Egg
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:

The bars here in Galveston now decide for themselves on smoking. We seldom ever go to a smoking bar and if we do we are out early.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg

Came out very good. Seasoning was a little weak and needed a little more salt.
    Thanks for following.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Man, to be able to wander into the store and buy just burnt end fixins is fantastic.  Great score and nice cook.  Enjoy.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Great outcome but I thought brisket burnt ends were banned from Texas?? =)
    Those look great but I hope you tried some of the point before the ends sacrifice.
    Pork belly can produce great burnt ends if you are in search of an alternative protein, just sayin'.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    lousubcap said:
    Those look great but I hope you tried some of the point before the ends sacrifice.
    Pork belly can produce great burnt ends if you are in search of an alternative protein, just sayin'.  
    Thanks,
    I had several sample bites of the point as I was cutting into cubes. Was very good.
    I would have saved some but I still have several pounds foodsaved in the freezer from a couple weeks ago. Had no intention of cooking a point til I stumbled upon it at the grocery. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    lousubcap said:
    It's allowed if it is only Choice beef.  Can't do it with Prime.  Or from Creekstone Farms, or Certified Angus, or Akaushi, or Wagyu.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Where did you find the point only, Darian?  I can never find it like that.  It would be all I'd buy if I could find it.  Great job!!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Nice!

Your impression of your Carbon LITE?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Where did you find the point only, Darian?  I can never find it like that.  It would be all I'd buy if I could find it.  Great job!!!
    Randall's grocery. Thanks very much.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    HeavyG said:
    Nice!

Your impression of your Carbon LITE?
    I need to play with it a little more before I rule on it. Interface is not great app is not great but I did see an update this morning.
    Range is very short and still not able to get it running on my iPad. Works on my Android phone.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Legume
    I’ve found points at HEB, not regularly, but I try to remember to cruise the cooler where they have beef and pork cuts in the styrofoam trays are and they have them once in a while.  Never in the glass meat case or wher the packers are.