Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Late night dinner after bunch of work in the yard.  Listened to the Giants win and now watching the Warriors do Warrior things.

Wings soaked in gochujang and stuff all day. Nice heat, but shoulda made a finishing sauce.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Botch

Named Hikari after Japanese word for "illumination," this masterfully crafted, lightweight knife is distinguished by its red-tipped birch PakkaWood handle and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blade has microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slicing that enhances the flavor of the food. Keep this kitchen workhorse at hand for chopping, slicing and dicing everything from produce to proteins.

• Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
    • Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
    • Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
    • Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
    • Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
    • Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
    • Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
    • Handcrafted in Japan.
    Options
    I’m pretty sure Adam Silver is Slender Man.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    So how bout them Cavs? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    My sister just replied to my dinner pic with jalapeño popper chicken with crispy pancetta. 

Then she said, “step up your plating game, b!tch”

It stung a little but she’s not wrong. 
    My sis said the same thing, I had everyone over for tacos and after chopping the toppings I placed them each in plastic containers sitting on the lids... 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My sister just replied to my dinner pic with jalapeño popper chicken with crispy pancetta. 

Then she said, “step up your plating game, b!tch”

It stung a little but she’s not wrong. 
    My sis said the same thing, I had everyone over for tacos and after chopping the toppings I placed them each in plastic containers sitting on the lids... 
    my sister said the same thing too. She saw your pic and said he should get his shît together. 

Actually, I don’t have a sister. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    @Botch

...the blade has microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slicing that enhances the flavor of the food. 

That answered my question; tan que!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Botch

Named Hikari after Japanese word for "illumination," this masterfully crafted, lightweight knife is distinguished by its red-tipped birch PakkaWood handle and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blade has microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slicing that enhances the flavor of the food. Keep this kitchen workhorse at hand for chopping, slicing and dicing everything from produce to proteins.

• Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
    • Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
    • Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
    • Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
    • Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
    • Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
    • Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
    • Handcrafted in Japan.
    I don’t need another knife, I don’t need another knife, I don’t NEED another knife....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    theyolksonyou said:
    I don’t need another knife, I don’t need another knife, I don’t NEED another knife....
    You and I both, Yolk.  I won't/I won't/I won't/I won't/I won't/...
    Ooooh, "Buy Now with One-Click™"!!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Options
    You two should definitely pull the trigger.  Good steel like that doesn’t just enhance the flavor of the food, it enhances the experience.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Legume said:
    You two should definitely pull the trigger.  Good steel like that doesn’t just enhance the flavor of the food, it enhances the experience.
    Nah, my account is really just for trolling. I don’t cook. I’d likely just cut myself.  
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    2 large ernyins, and 2 hours later...we got a half pint.

Also prepped some great Italian sausage from Stashu's and Sons down the hill.  Owner's son was really helpful.  Grabbed his recomnended Polska Kielbasa to try as well.  Kick myself for waiting so long to explore this local favorite.

3 CI vessels in, one more to go.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Met a new friend and shared a bottle of fantastic brandy ....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I know @Jeremiah is gonna put on a great wing contest, but this would be fun to go to...

I've been here before.  It makes for a nice venue for just about anything.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I know @Jeremiah is gonna put on a great wing contest, but this would be fun to go to...

Yeah, but have you been to Jeremiah's new palatial estate? I have been told it is only open to the most refined of gentry, and each guest room has it's own maid and butler.
    The bathroom fixtures are individually, hand made, from gold and marble.
    I am taking a bunch of pictures when we go, I want a selfie using one of them indoor toilets.This is the picture of the one that was specifically designed for the room we will be staying in. 
    Chicken wings, Moss Beer, and living large with Jeremiah. Hard to beat.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That is super nice!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Packing to go to the beach. Rather, I’m packing to go to the beach. The rest of the fam is still sleeping. We have different definitions of “we’ll get up and get packing,” apparently. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @jeffwit - I hear ya.  My solution was to just establish the "wheels rolling time".  Once everyone agreed, I didn't care when they prepped (or not) as it was a given that the car was underway on time.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Trying to stop myself from buying a boat
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • alaskanassasin
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If it flies floats of f**ks its cheaper to rent
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TTC
    Options
    If it flies floats of f**ks its cheaper to rent
    One of my Dad’s favorite phrases, love it

Ikon pass 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Two best days of boat ownership. The day you buy and the day you sell. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    AR gun shop in Colona, IL is having their 40th Anniversary.  Springer and RRA will be out there.  3 gun give aways.  All kinds of other fun stuff.

This could be trouble.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TTC
    Options
    But I’ve got The Fever

Ikon pass 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Bust Out Another Thousand
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    TTC said:
    Trying to stop myself from buying a boat
    DO IT

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Options
    TTC said:
    But I’ve got The Fever
    Think how many likes you’ll get when you post pictures.  That alone has to be worth it.
  • Legume
    Options

YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:

Yeah, but have you been to Jeremiah's new palatial estate? I have been told it is only open to the most refined of gentry, and each guest room has it's own maid and butler.
    The bathroom fixtures are individually, hand made, from gold and marble.
    I am taking a bunch of pictures when we go, I want a selfie using one of them indoor toilets.This is the picture of the one that was specifically designed for the room we will be staying in. 
    Chicken wings, Moss Beer, and living large with Jeremiah. Hard to beat.
    Damn @Jeremiah that rivals @JohnInCarolina’s pantry.