Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Egghead Rub and Sauce Exchange

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I did the first one and haven't done one since. Perhaps it's time to do it again :i_dunno:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    DMW said:
    cazzy said:
    @lkapigian hate that this happened to you.  I hope you signed up for the main exchange.  Please say you did.  If you didn't, we'll remove you and you sign up for the main one.

BTW, unless he makes it right, @motsol is not allowed to participate in any exchange going forward.
    Well, @motsol is a Red Sox fan, just like @JohnInCarolina... 

Hey now!  I’ve honored my side of this exchange when I participated.  Not sure what @motsol’s deal is, but it seems like we have at least one of these every year.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I still have stuff too but hate to sit it out.  Last time I did that I really regretted not joining in.  Decisions decisions.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    @GATraveller just join in, you know you want to 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    I hope the box from Arkansas will include Strawberry's Rub - although it is from southern Missouri :)
  • I always put Strawberry's in the boxes I send.  

Little Rock, AR

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    I am in, looking forward to it! Hope to pick some great gifts here in the Nati!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    As someone who doesn’t post a lot (only for stupid questions) and hasn’t participated before, is the newbie exchange “safe”?  In the end, it’s only $35 or whatever but I figured I would ask. 

Thanks
  • I've only heard of one guy getting stiffed and that's the guy in this thread.  A more common problem we've seen is recipients failing to post their boxes.  That's the part that is fun and everyone is expected to post their gift for everybody to see.  

Little Rock, AR

• jwc6160
    I've only heard of one guy getting stiffed and that's the guy in this thread.  A more common problem we've seen is recipients failing to post their boxes.  That's the part that is fun and everyone is expected to post their gift for everybody to see.  
    Ok thanks, I’ll sign up for the newbie game I guess. Or I can start spamming every thread for the next day or so to get up to 250 posts. Better yet, I should throw a brisket on. That will undoubtedly create 50 questions and posts. 
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Just signed up for the main one with <250, but participated in the newbie last year. Thanks for setting it up!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    I did the first one and haven't done one since. Perhaps it's time to do it again :i_dunno:
    I was considering sitting this one out.  Nah. Let’s do this. 
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    jwc6160 said:
    As someone who doesn’t post a lot (only for stupid questions) and hasn’t participated before, is the newbie exchange “safe”?  In the end, it’s only $35 or whatever but I figured I would ask. 

Thanks
    I’ve been in the last few years and I can honestly say every box I’ve sent and received has been well over $35 before shipping.... and that’s across the board as well. Check out previous years threads to get an idea of the generosity of this group. It’s awesome. I talk about this thing all year. And I thought about sitting his out this year. Nope!!!!!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    steel_egg said:
    jwc6160 said:

Thanks
    I’ve been in the last few years and I can honestly say every box I’ve sent and received has been well over $35 before shipping.... and that’s across the board as well. Check out previous years threads to get an idea of the generosity of this group. It’s awesome. I talk about this thing all year. And I thought about sitting his out this year. Nope!!!!!
    A $35 package is definitely an anomaly with this group.  As I've always said, pretend you're buying for yourself when you're putting together your care package.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    jwc6160 said:

Thanks
    I wish I could guarantee everyone will get their box of goodness. All I can say is most people around here are really great folks and quite generous, and a lot of participants are repeats.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • I'm in!! I tried it a couple of years ago and it didn't go well. My package came about a month late(guy was out of town) and had no packing material so the bottles of sauce got busted in trasport. What did survive, was some rubs that had been expired for quite some time. I really do want to give it one more shot, as I have just as much fun picking stuff out and shopping as I do getting new stuff. I'm ready!!
  • milesvdustin
    Are we doing a hint thread or anything? 

I like spicy, really really really spicy. 

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I haven’t participated since the first year.  Looking forward to this!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Are we doing a hint thread or anything? 

I like spicy, really really really spicy. 
    Theres a wish list on your elfster account where you can put likes, dislikes, allergies, etc. if you fill that in whoever draws your name will be able to read it. 

Little Rock, AR

• jwc6160
    blind99 said:
    jwc6160 said:

Thanks
    I wish I could guarantee everyone will get their box of goodness. All I can say is most people around here are really great folks and quite generous, and a lot of participants are repeats.
    That’s fine. I signed up for the newbie since my post count is below. I’ll hope for the best and then will be able to do the big boy one next year. Thanks. 
  • milesvdustin
    If anyone gets stiffed, i will send a second box

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    jwc6160 said:

That’s fine. I signed up for the newbie since my post count is below. I’ll hope for the best and then will be able to do the big boy one next year. Thanks. 
    I wouldn't be worried.  In fact, I'll participate in the Noob exchange myself.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    signed up, looking forward to it.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I've only heard of one guy getting stiffed and that's the guy in this thread.  A more common problem we've seen is recipients failing to post their boxes.  That's the part that is fun and everyone is expected to post their gift for everybody to see.  
    My recipient didn't post pics of his/her package last time I participated.....kind of a bummer.  

This is truly a blast and anyone on the fence should join up!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ok I'm in. And just to go ahead and make my recipient know how much I love them, I wandered through Franklin, TN on crutches this morning to go get your first 3 things. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Bump...
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    jabam said:
    Bump...
    Purchase a good chunk of my elfin today. Got a few more items to pick up. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    jabam said:
    Bump...
    I did as well. Figure I'd wait until the names are exchanged to see what is on the recipients wish list for the finishing touches. I've already overshot the $35..That doesn't go very far IMO.

XL BGE
    MD
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    jabam said:
    Bump...
    Somebody is getting lucky if that was a trip to Maurice’s!!!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone