Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh fish recipes , post em up!

Hntnhrd
Hntnhrd Posts: 713
We had some luck on the trout this weekend and kept one for the grill. 

I don’t have an egg up at the cabin, yet. So we did the traditional wrap in foil with salt and pepper , sliced onions and lemon on the gasser. When it was about done I went inside to get a beer from the fridge and came out to it half eaten !!! So no after picture It never made it to a plate , just forks out of the tinfoil. I love all kinds of grilled fish and would love to see some new recipes. 

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    She’s a beaut. Nice catch 
  • Hntnhrd
    Dang @fishlessman there is absolutely nothing there I wouldn’t dive into!! Fresh seafood ( fried clams especially) is about the only thing I miss about living in New England.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Hntnhrd said:
    Dang @fishlessman there is absolutely nothing there I wouldn’t dive into!! Fresh seafood ( fried clams especially) is about the only thing I miss about living in New England.
    a box, not a platter of fried clams, sets you back 20 bucks now :o im missing them too.  i need to hit my favorite shack soon though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    You can  go simple with trout.  Here’s on I did with S & P, thyme, chive and lemon.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Trout is light enough that you can get away with no seasoning. 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    What kind of trout is that?, and is that guy spawning?
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Just  salt 'n pepper... little butter and fresh parsley for garnish. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    google pickled trout, its like candy if done right, never did it but ive had plenty of bows done that way and its incredible
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Haven't done this in a while, but it is delicious! Tuna with soy, ginger and lime. I usually leave out the avocado and serve it with rice and grilled or sautéed asparagus. Quick, easy and mighty tasty!
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe2-1915607

Also, spaghetti with clams and mussels (last time I left out the clams and just doubled up on the mussels). Awesome!
    https://sundayatthegiacomettis.blogspot.com/2012/04/spaghetti-al-sugo-di-vongole-e-cozze.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd said:
    a box, not a platter of fried clams, sets you back 20 bucks now :o im missing them too.  i need to hit my favorite shack soon though
    We were back in NH last summer and there was a little sticker shock on clam plates!! But didn’t stop me from having them 3 times in a week! I remember waiting in lines for what seemed for ever at Newicks on the sea coast. Brown’s was always good too!!
  • Hntnhrd

poster said:
    What kind of trout is that?, and is that guy spawning?
    Cutthroat trout in  a little lake in northern Montana. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Hungry now!

I don't have a favorite fish recipe but here's a sauce recipe that I made up, I use it every time I have fish:

1 minced chipotle pepper
    Just under a tablespoon of honey
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    minced parsley, dill or chives, if desired.
    Just stir everything together and let it get cozy in the frig for awhile.  That's it!

Next fishing trip, bring some fresh dill with you, you can't go wrong with that in almost any recipe (any gutted fish with salt, pecker, lemon slices and dill in the cavity, yum!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Botch said:
    Hungry now!

I don't have a favorite fish recipe but here's a sauce recipe that I made up, I use it every time I have fish:

1 minced chipotle pepper
    Just under a tablespoon of honey
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    minced parsley, dill or chives, if desired.
    Just stir everything together and let it get cozy in the frig for awhile.  That's it!

Next fishing trip, bring some fresh dill with you, you can't go wrong with that in almost any recipe (any gutted fish with salt, pecker, lemon slices and dill in the cavity, yum!  
    Pecker in the cavity, eh?
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    bgebrent said:
    You can  go simple with trout.  Here’s on I did with S & P, thyme, chive and lemon.

Looks great Brent! Did you fillet the trout or purchase them already filleted? Also, I bet that is fresh lettuce from @Nichole's garden.
    Lenoir, N.C.