Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Summer Favorite: Grilled Avacado and Herb Salad

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
We love this dish.

Cut cherry tomatoes and any/all fresh herbs you can get your hands on; today I used basil and mint from the garden plus store bought chives. Toss in olive oil and salt to taste. 

Brush avacados and lemons with olive oil and grill lightly. Top with toasted pine nuts, tomato and herb mixture, and spritz with the grilled lemons. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Adding this to the list!

Brandon - Ohio

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Thanks for the idea- ever tried feta in the mix?

will be doing these next weekend!
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Sumbitch that looks good and thank you for posting it!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That's a home run! I will be stealing this.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Will do this. Thank you
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    That looks delish. Love a good salad. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    The presentation and technique looks amazing, but grilling avocados will get you shot in some countries.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Looks great @CPARKTX.  will be copying you for sure.  Thanks for posting.
    Phoenix 
  • blasting
    Options

@CPARKTX  I gave it a go tonight.  I figure bacon and avocado go well, so I added some as well as a side of garlic bread.  Thanks for posting.  Dinner was very tasty and my daughter gave it the thumbs up too.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gawjus...let me ask a qusi-stupid question. The avacada....are you looking for a ripe or hard one? Is there a preference when grilling?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    Options
    Gawjus...let me ask a qusi-stupid question. The avacada....are you looking for a ripe or hard one? Is there a preference when grilling?

Thanks, I looked for a avocado that was just starting to get slightly soft.  They were about one day harder than I'd normally eat em.  
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Oh my. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yeah that’s killer.  

We do watermelon cherries and mint and also a tomato avocado basil salad with balsamic. 

Its too damn hot to eat anything else. I’m gonna try tossing them on the grill and try the pine nuts this weekend. 

Solid summer post!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:

Thanks, I looked for a avocado that was just starting to get slightly soft.  They were about one day harder than I'd normally eat em.  
    Appreciate that brother. You folks in the Southwest know all things when it comes to Chile, avocados, and cactus. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    This looks and sounds outstanding!!  Love all those flavors together!  Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.