Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Summer Favorite: Grilled Avacado and Herb Salad

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,909
We love this dish.

Cut cherry tomatoes and any/all fresh herbs you can get your hands on; today I used basil and mint from the garden plus store bought chives. Toss in olive oil and salt to taste. 

Brush avacados and lemons with olive oil and grill lightly. Top with toasted pine nuts, tomato and herb mixture, and spritz with the grilled lemons. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• LeopoldstochLeopoldstoch Posts: 318
    Adding this to the list!
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,780
    Thanks for the idea- ever tried feta in the mix?

will be doing these next weekend!
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,305
    Sumbitch that looks good and thank you for posting it!!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 738
    That's a home run! I will be stealing this.
    Memphis, TN 
    LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, Akorn (still in the box)
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,852
    Will do this. Thank you
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,880
    That looks delish. Love a good salad. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,075
    The presentation and technique looks amazing, but grilling avocados will get you shot in some countries.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,878

Looks great @CPARKTX.  will be copying you for sure.  Thanks for posting.
    Phoenix 

@CPARKTX ;  I gave it a go tonight.  I figure bacon and avocado go well, so I added some as well as a side of garlic bread.  Thanks for posting.  Dinner was very tasty and my daughter gave it the thumbs up too.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,061
    Gawjus...let me ask a qusi-stupid question. The avacada....are you looking for a ripe or hard one? Is there a preference when grilling?
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
    Gawjus...let me ask a qusi-stupid question. The avacada....are you looking for a ripe or hard one? Is there a preference when grilling?

Thanks, I looked for a avocado that was just starting to get slightly soft.  They were about one day harder than I'd normally eat em.  
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,234
    Oh my. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_GrillitKillit_and_Grillit Posts: 3,916
    Yeah that’s killer.  

We do watermelon cherries and mint and also a tomato avocado basil salad with balsamic. 

Its too damn hot to eat anything else. I’m gonna try tossing them on the grill and try the pine nuts this weekend. 

Solid summer post!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,061
    blasting said:

Thanks, I looked for a avocado that was just starting to get slightly soft.  They were about one day harder than I'd normally eat em.  
    Appreciate that brother. You folks in the Southwest know all things when it comes to Chile, avocados, and cactus. ;)
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 661
    This looks and sounds outstanding!!  Love all those flavors together!  Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), watching sunsets on the waterfront at Lake Buchanan, TX.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  2 MiniMaxes. 36" Blackstone.