Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Any Experience with Online Mattress Companies?

TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
Any of you fine folks have any experience or own a mattress from any of the online mattress companies? (I.E. Casper, Leesa, Tuft and Needle, etc.) We need a new king mattress and I don't want to spend $5,000 on a new sleep number bed or Tempur-pedic.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Not yet but I’m interested also. One reason is that it would be delivered to my house and I wouldn’t need to bug somebody with a pickup truck.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited May 2018
    I just went through this search myself and broke down out of frustration and went to a local retailer and walked out with a Tempur-pedic + adjustable bed frame. 6 months later and I think it's one of the best decisions of my life... not only the mattress itself, but the adjustable frame. Sleeping at a slight incline has made a huge difference in my sleep quality... it's also virtually eliminated the congestion/gunk you wake up with in the winter that you spend 10 minutes hawking up in the shower.  Gravity keeps it from building up in your sinus. It wasn't cheap... but you spend half you life on it and it lasts for a long, long time. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    My wife and I bought a casper about 6 months ago and we’re very happy with.  

The thing that came up during my search was the return policy. All of the companies offer approximately the same thing in regards to the return policy, it’s a 100 night risk free trial. If you don’t like it, you take it to a charity, they issue you’re refund, then write it off as a charitable contribution to cut their losses. 

The reason we went with Casper is that they arrange the charity to pick-up on the back end. Aside from the headache of hauling a mattress somewhere without a truck, not many charities will take a used mattress for sanitary reasons.  So actually getting a refund could be challenging if we had gone with a different company.

The other brand I was most intrigued by was Purple.  @SmartyPantz grabbed one a couple months after we bought our Casper and he seems happy with it. Truth be told, I probably would have tried a Purple if Brooke had bought in.

Nonetheless, we’re happy with Casper and I probably have a promo code for like $75 off or something if you decide you want it.  Just PM me. Disclaimer: I think I get an Amazon gift card if you use my code.  No pressure, just wanted to be forthcoming.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    I brought a Nectar mattress about 8 months ago and have no complaints. What I liked about them was 365 day return policy. The bed is a little firm but sleeps well for my wife and I. 
    $775 for a king size delivered to my door
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    The wife and I bought a casper years ago and are still happy with it. Wife had a disc removed 25 years ago and still likes the Casper after 4-5 yeArs, a record for her.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    SonVolt said:
     but you spend half you life on it and it lasts for a long, long time. 
    You a 12 hour day sleeper? B)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    We bought a Tuft and Needle earlier this year.  So far we like it.  Firm, nice support.  I'll have to check, but has a good warranty against sagging, 100% replacement.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Bought a knock off from target 2 years ago. “Bed in a box” most comfortable mattress yet. Way better than any spring mattress. No holes, not hot, got one for the camper and both the kids... 
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was testing a Casper, on line, and broke my screen.  I'm gonna stick with brick n mortars from now on.
    Fwiw, the dough I spent on a sleep number was well spent. I’d do it again without hesitation. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    I was testing a Casper, on line, and broke my screen.  I'm gonna stick with brick n mortars from now on.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Very happy with the Casper we bought two years ago.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Went with the Loom and Leaf after first trying the Amerisleep and not liking it. 

Love the medium firm loom and leaf. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Bought the kids Zinus mattresses via Amazon, they love them.  No idea how they compare to anything else.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited May 2018
    Bought a Bear mattress.  Absolutely HATE it.  Had to buy a 3" memory foam topper to make it the 30days I am required to keep it before they will accept returns.

Worst purchase ever.  I am on day 25 of sore back.  Wife hates it too.  I slept on sofa a few nights because it is more comfortable.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Juzt make sure dat when ya go to da mattresses ya get em exterminated....
  • scootr2200
    scootr2200 Posts: 23
    SonVolt said:
     but you spend half you life on it and it lasts for a long, long time. 
    You a 12 hour day sleeper? B)
    He just said "on it"..   B)

Giggity

Mickey
    Western NC Egger since January 2014

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I went Loom and Leaf last year and have been very happy with it so far. I would recommend them and do it again myself.

https://www.loomandleaf.com/

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    We bought a queen tuft and needle during their Thanksgiving sale for $500 and we love it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Memory foam mattresses make hanky is a bit of a challenge. It's like trying to wrestle in quicksand. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    I just built my own king mattress for less than $1k.   All organic latex and cotton.  No or minimal formaldehyde or vocs (yes I’m one of “those guys” haha).   PM me if you want deets.  It was shockingly easy.  Just gotta source the components online.