Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Simple cook tonight, saving the good stuff for tomorrow. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Had a visitor when I got home

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Waiting on the PitBarrel to come up to temp. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Pulled the dead alternator out of my wife's hardly 5 year old car. What a joke.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    WeberWho said:

. They are no longer right on top and easy to get too.  Kids designing cars who never worked on them growing up.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:

. They are no longer right on top and easy to get too.  Kids designing cars who never worked on them growing up.
    One of the hardest parts was finding any information on the Outlander Sport. I looked online for 3+ hours without coming across anything on removing the alternator. Haynes or Chilton don't make a DIY manual for Mitsubishi. I can find a post or video in a couple minutes on my Ford Ranger. No such luck on Outlander Sport. I had to buy a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport pdf from Mitsubishi. 

The removal wasn't too fun. The biggest pain was the ac compressor below the alternator. It needed to be dropped and moved while the hoses stayed connected. That was a good hour or two trying to slide the alternator between the frame and compressor. Ugh. I'm glad it's out for now. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @WeberWho

sometimes you can put a lever or jack on the engine and move it an inch or so out of the way, can make a big difference getting stuff out.
    Options
    Supply refilled thanks to my brother .

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

Ozzie_Isaac said:
    They are no longer right on top and easy to get too.  Kids designing cars who never worked on them growing up.

This is something I'm really going to miss about Saabs; it seems they were designed to be worked on.  The oil drain plug was at the front of the pan, about 15" behind the front of the bumper; I could remove it by only kneeling on one knee, once I knew where it was.  The oil filter was up near the top, and had this neat shroud which kept oil from spilling everywhere (my Toyota has that now, maybe they all do).  The fuze box was under the hood, on top of the wheel well, with a clear plastic lid covering it, with the protected circuit printed directly over each fuze.  There were spare fuzes, of each color-coded size, slid into plastic sleeves off to the side of the box.  Didn't even have to bend over to change a fuze.  Wonderful!   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Supply refilled thanks to my brother .

Damn jealous right now. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    MiniMax NY Strips in a steady rain drizzle. 
    Instant Pot golden beets and stove top red taters round out the evening meal.
    It was good. Thanks for looking and have a great Memorial Day.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Filets for dinner with Grillstix rub courtesy of @WeberWho. Corn slathered with mayo, Jamaican Firewalk wrapped in foil and a standard issue baked potato. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Let’s Go Rockets!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Been doing yard work all day. Spreading manure compost to supplement my clay soil, and seeding and putting down straw. Also doing the brick edges for the sidewalk. 

Also gonna cook some tube steaks on the smokey joe with some kingsford briqs. 

My yard is practically all clay. Gypsum has done wonders. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Started the day with the every 8 week blood letting at the Red Cross.  Shoulda stopped then.  Remainder was a true PITA- finally got home about 90 minutes ago.  
    Adult beverages will pack an extra punch given the pint low on human oil.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Hey @saluki2007 my house isnt too far from where you went to school at SIU. I am aboit 20 mins from campus the back way

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Garage drinking in a thunderstorm. Watching left coast baseball and heating up the egg for brisket. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac thanks for asking. First time I've had to sit down tonight. Kind of inchoerant this am.
    Barium remained stagnant all night. Stayed after my shift and cut him. Couldn't find a foreign body anywhere. My surgeon buddy (boarded veterinary surgeon) stopped in ..we hunt together and Cache has picked up his birds.
    He double checked everything, couldn't find a foreign body either. His liver values are elevated , so had him biopsy while we were in there..waiting those results.
    Right now we think he got into some toxin (no clue as to when or where) and its screwing up his Gi tract .

Right now he's gorked on pain meds , and in good spirits. He wags his tail when I walk by his kennel.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Went riding quads today.  Ran into some police officers who recommended we find a different trail.  There was a dead body up the trail and they were waiting for a medical examiner to remove it.  Luckily that doesn't happen every day.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@duckhunter Hoping for a sudden turn around for your buddy. 

Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great looking set up, @Killit_and_Grillit
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Skunks eradicated. Decking on stairway replaced. Plants in the ground. Trees and bushes are trimmed. New backyardlights put up. Killed all the ants. Removed the old fans and put can lights on the front porch. Herb garden in. Eggs are loaded with Rockwood and wood. 

Just pulled the brisket. Time to Sous Vide some ribs. Memorial Day Pre Debauchary is about to begin. 

My hero.