Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost my favorite grilling buddy yesterday

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very sorry, RIP Max
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Max was as lucky to have you as you were to have him. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your family member
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your buddy. What a great companion you had
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options
    You guys are killing me... we put down our 14 year old golden last week, 13 year old border collie last fall.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    No words :cry:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I lost my grilling partner almost 10 years ago and I still miss him. 

Cherish the great memories.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Fence, so sorry to hear about Max. I know how bad it hurts, I'm a dog lover myself and when something like this happens it takes a piece of me away as well. Try to think of all the good times. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Wow - thank you ALL for the comments on Max. I've really had a hard time but reading your comments have helped me a lot. I know you all didn't know Max but I'd like to share a few more photos as I come across them. @alaskanassasin I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. As you've seen we are here with you. Much thanks yall - seriously.

@Dobie you couldn't have said it better.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    I'm sorry

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options
    @fence0407 thank you brother, I will be looking for him on the porch for a long time. Sorry about Max
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    So sorry. about to have to go through this myself and dreading it. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    So very sorry to hear about your loss.  There is something about true loyalty exhibited by a dog that can't be matched!! 
    Life ain't easy.  Hang in there.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    been there twice since joining this forum, a 17 year old shepard and a 10 year britt.  nothing worse, sorry for your loss.  been thinking of adding a second dog now with my 6 year britt
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • joebfltspk
    joebfltspk Posts: 2
    Options
    Will Rogers said something to the effect "if there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went."
  • Color_My_World_Green
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.  Lost a buddy like that 4 years ago, and it was harder than I ever thought it would be.  Remember all the good times.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Just remember Max is holding interviews for the perfect dog to look after his people until you reunite. It was something else when my second Boxer started finding toys that my old girl must have hidden for him.
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

So sorry. My profile picture is of Molly, my Lab mix and BGE grilling buddy. Last week or so of her life she would only eat Egg'd food, which we readily supplied. It has been 4 years. Take care, I am sure you gave that doggie the best life ever.

P.S.-love the raincoat!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • oldmandawg
    oldmandawg Posts: 83
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. It will be 2 years this August that we lost our Beagle. Had him for 17 wonderful years and still miss him. 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I'm sure it was a loss. Never owned a dog, but I did get to care for a Great Dane from when he was a puppy to full grown. Been 40 years, and I still remember the giant slob fondly.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, they truly are members of the family
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
      been thinking of adding a second dog now with my 6 year britt
    That is exactly what we did 4 Westies ago. Since we lost the first 3 at the age of 12 we were counting on that again when our Brogan turned 10, but he died right after reaching 10.  :bawling: So our Corky was our task to be house broken and simple training! I always swore that the older dog would have a fit of anger when the pup would pee or crap during house breaking! We always referred to the younger dog as our auxiliary Westie.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    while the path you are on is heavily travelled it is no easier to find your way as the one's before you have found out.  God's speed in healing your heart...

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Looks like he was a good pup. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of Max... Gosh this is so hard..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....