Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Are fryers leagal at wing ding @Jeremiah
    Might as well import some sauce while you’re at it. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    First good game in a while. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Got some shît done tonight.  Herbs in the dirt, roses trimmed back(I know it not the right time, but they were out of control), trimmings hauled off, house sprayed for ants,again. About to fry up some wings. Even had the help of the teen monster. 
    These were the best fûcking wings I’ve had in a long time. Better than robin or Jim.  The twice fried ala @caliking were damn good.  Just seasoned flour and cornstarch with cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and chipotle chili pepper.  Didn’t measure shît.  We may never grill wings again.  Dipped in homemade mustard sauce.  
    Glad they turned out :)

Did you spin them in the sauce, or dip as you ate? If the latter, try thinning the sauce a bit,  and spinning the double fried wings in it. Thank me later. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,102
    Options
    Debating a yeti alternative ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Hipster.
  • northGAcock
    Options

The accessories might be limited but if it keeps $hit cold....why not?

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options

Smh
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Killit_and_Grillit , as you get older you start recognizing situations that are worth the money to hire someone else...   ;)
    @Botch man the company out here wanted $500 just to come out and grab the first one! Then a second one popped up. Plus the babies. That's crazy talk.

I'm not paying $1k+ just to get rid of some critter. You know how much Rockwood I could buy with that?  =)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    Legume said:

Hipster.
    .....and don't get the one on the bottom left.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Killit_and_Grillit , as you get older you start recognizing situations that are worth the money to hire someone else...   ;)
    @Botch man the company out here wanted $500 just to come out and grab the first one! Then a second one popped up. Plus the babies. That's crazy talk.

I'm not paying $1k+ just to get rid of some critter. You know how much Rockwood I could buy with that?  =)
    @Killit_and_Grillit. FYI - had a skunk under my shed with babies as well. I used mothballs and 20’ of electrical conduit and an air compressor. I made a 20’ barrel with the conduit, put in some mothballs and used the air compressor to shoot the mothballs under the shed in multiple places.  Used the whole box. Granted this was about 10 years ago,but the skunk was gone in less than 24 hours and I have not had one or anything else other than mice come back and make a home there. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    was informed that a burn pile is 3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet tall =)  mine was 10 foot diameter by 7 feet tall and i was thinking it was small. (27) 100 foot tall bug infested dead trees to burn along with maybe 10 cu. yards of dried seaweed from a winter storm in a 3x3 foot burn pile :o town says dont cut them down, forestry wants them cut and burned on site because of the invasive bugs, fire department wants the fire no bigger than a milk box. wth
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:

Dayam, had no idea they'd want that much.  Animal Control here is a city service, I've already paid for it; used it only once, to find the owners of an overly-friendly goat.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

Dayam, had no idea they'd want that much.  Animal Control here is a city service, I've already paid for it; used it only once, to find the owners of an overly-friendly goat.  
    Chupacabras R Us?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

I use cheep coolers exclusively, but make sure they're hard plastic and not just styrofoam.  Had a styrofoam cooler thru college, $2, but the damn thing's lid squeeked constantly against the body, driving down the road (couldn't afford a truck in those days).  
    A Coleman was one of my first purchases with that first, 2nd Lieutenant's check.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Botch said:

@Killit_and_Grillit. FYI - had a skunk under my shed with babies as well. I used mothballs and 20’ of electrical conduit and an air compressor. I made a 20’ barrel with the conduit, put in some mothballs and used the air compressor to shoot the mothballs under the shed in multiple places.  Used the whole box. Granted this was about 10 years ago,but the skunk was gone in less than 24 hours and I have not had one or anything else other than mice come back and make a home there. 
    The moths probably call them skunk balls.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Botch said:

The moths probably call them skunk balls.
    Damn.  That’s funny. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    @Botch I would absolutely do that. Our county will let you put a $50 deposit down for the trap and then it’s your problem to remove. 

@Sea2Ski that’s an awesome idea. I’ll probably do that before I board it all up. 

Problem I have now is there are baby skunks and I don’t know if they are old enough to figure out how to get out. Guess I will be applying the old fishing net taped to a pole technique. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    last time i had to get rid of skunks i waited til the little ones followed momma out looking for food just as it got dark, then smoke bombed the hole. never came back
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Simple BLT tonight using a homemade loaf and homemade bacon

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Just returned from a protracted day playing precinct officer for the KY  Primary.  My location had around 14 % turn-out.  Of course, there were no fire-brand races but still...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just returned from a protracted day playing precinct officer for the KY  Primary.  My location had around 14 % turn-out.  Of course, there were no fire-brand races but still...
    Apathy at its finest.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    NOLA Restaurant 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Pulled pork tacos .

Stellar! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    NOLA Restaurant 
    So...you ordered a pork chop in NO?
    Are you high?  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• buzzvol
    Options

Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    Options
    Focker said:
    So...you ordered a pork chop in NO?
    Are you high?  ;)
    Ha!
    Having tasted this, I would have hated to miss this.
    Lawrenceville, GA