Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs By The Bay Eggfest - 13th Annual (lots of pics)

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
We had a great time at the annual Eggs By The Bay Eggfest in Saratoga, CA.  This was the 13th year for the fest.  Here's some pics I took at the fest.

Entry (between Mr. EGGhead, the smoke in the air, and ample signage, there's no doubt you're in the right place):

Show your ID at the Check in and the friendly volunteers set you up with a badge and 5 people's choice tickets so you can vote for your favorite cooks.

Take a peek at the layout and the schedule of events and start sampling the samples cooked by the experienced Eggheads:

First time I've been served a dessert with moonshine

Some other beverages were available
Hard grilled lemonade

Golden State Brewery was pouring

Classes are a great way to take a breather from the feasting

Smitty teaching a BGE Basics class to a bunch of new Eggers

Chef Michelle Estogoy wrapping up a class on Carne Asada Tacos

Teams are encouraged to have a theme for their booths or in what they wear (here are just a few)

winner of the best booth prize

2nd place people's choice with their Mini Max prize

1st place took home a LBGE

It was a great time!  If you're looking to attend a future one, register early as it sells out fast.

Thanks Smitty for putting on a great fest!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I think this will be a good one!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • R2Egg2Q
    thetrim said:
    I think this will be a good one!
    Hope it was worth the wait.  I pulled the trigger way to early. Lol
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Holy cannoli 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Wow!  That looks top shelf all around. Food and fellowship look great. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Beautiful pictures....and great time. Those Cinnamon buns...lord have mercy. I have got to do some of those. If the maker of those sees my post....would love to PM about them. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    WHOA!!! 

The eats look fantastic! What a fun time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    What a great group of cooks we have out here, I am more and more impressed every year. Thanks for the great pics!  All trucks are unloaded, time to catch my breath.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Did NOT disappoint!!   Looks like a great time!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Beautiful pictures....and great time. Those Cinnamon buns...lord have mercy. I have got to do some of those. If the maker of those sees my post....would love to PM about them. 
    I was thinking the same thing. They look so good. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    This is one I want to do....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Very nice!  looks like a great time
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • R2Egg2Q
    @northGAcock and @chuckytheegghead - The Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting are the first item on an impressive menu for the first place team.  Hopefully they'll provide a recipe to EBTB for sharing.

Bay Area, CA