Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @saluki2007 Nice!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @SciAggie - two of my favorite cooks right there.  Great outcome.  
    Technical question- when you cook paella on your wood fired stand how are you able to get the soccarrat/crust on the top?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    OMG, just walked by the craft room.  I really should get Cindy a hardhat!

And the next episode of hoarders ........

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Playing with the Phillips Hue system. 
    Run!  The popo's comin'!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Technical question- when you cook paella on your wood fired stand how are you able to get the soccarrat/crust on the top?
    That’s just the onion and tomato that floated up on top of the chicken broth. In the pic it looks like soccorrat but it isn’t. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    lousubcap said:
    That’s just the onion and tomato that floated up on top of the chicken broth. In the pic it looks like soccorrat but it isn’t. 
    He said humbly while actually laughing at us more mortals......

Beautiful cook as always...
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Moving slowly this morning after hosting a lengthy after party from my Father in Laws 76th.  We ran into some long time friends and somehow half the bar ended up at our place.  Hit severe LEO, and I am paying the price for it.  Broke out a frozen cap of ribeye, sliced it up on the cutting board, and the band of vultures attacked it.  Probably want to save that piece of meat for a time that you'll actually remember enjoying it.  Pics or it didn't happen doesn't apply to over consumption of certain liquids.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Waiting for my flight, not ATL, so there is that.  Does stop in ORD though.  Feel like a pleb, never fly United and have no perks on this trip.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Put an 11# SRF brisket on just before 4 AM this morning, having a glass of wine, or several during the cook. 
    Have to say, there are worse ways to spend a Sunday. Just glad I am not in an airport this weekend.
    Props to Ozzie, feel for you brother.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Ummm.  Need to pay more attention to planes on my routes.  A puddle jumper showed up for my Az to Chicago flight.  Might have to stop to refuel. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ummm.  Need to pay more attention to planes on my routes.  A puddle jumper showed up for my Az to Chicago flight.  Might have to stop to refuel. 
    Looks like United, too. Double whammy. Raising my glass to you brother. BTDT it sux.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Deck re-org complete:

Gasser is gone, haven't used it as a grill in over three years.

Have this on order:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Moving slowly this morning after hosting a lengthy after party from my Father in Laws 76th.  We ran into some long time friends and somehow half the bar ended up at our place.  Hit severe LEO, and I am paying the price for it.  Broke out a frozen cap of ribeye, sliced it up on the cutting board, and the band of vultures attacked it.  Probably want to save that piece of meat for a time that you'll actually remember enjoying it.  Pics or it didn't happen doesn't apply to over consumption of certain liquids.
    @thetrim - yes I missed this and all I can say is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-kVFfKezVo
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • PC__eggs
    PC__eggs Posts: 15
    Options
    Smoking all kinds of things....
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Burger time... Rain moving in

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Running some turbo ribs with mustard this afternoon. First time running them turbo. Thanks to the forum, this place is like a cooking library! So many great methods and ideas!

LBGE
    AL
  • thetrim
    Options
    Put a little scortch on some Corn.  New KAB on The XL.  I have a little learning curve w it.  

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Put a little scortch on some Corn.  New KAB on The XL.  I have a little learning curve w it.  

that looks fine to me - I always burn the husk.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Grilled up some steaks! They were super juicy
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Chargrilled oysters, boiled shrimp, crab legs, street corn and baby bellas. FTW.  No pics so FYA. 
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    A little bit of grilled chicken for the wife and mother in law.  Also enjoying a Sweetwater multipack.  
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options

Saw this. Went inside to grab bee jacket and a beer, when I walked back outside it was gone. Dang. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options

Finished with some Dreamland sauce, they didn’t suck!
    LBGE
    AL
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    What is dreamland sauce? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Hmmm.  I guess not everywhere is having summer weather.  Headed to Yooper country.  My sandals and shorts are making me nervous.  Folks on the plane have on snow boots.  Maybe I should have checked the weather.