Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Let's Go Golden Knights, #ArmyGrad.  He is the one grad in Las Vegas that is actually doing well.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Looks great yolk.  What'd you do to make the spud so fancy?

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    blasting said:

Looks great yolk.  What'd you do to make the spud so fancy?

@blasting bought it. LOL. 

Local butcher has twice baked for $1.99 each.  Bacon, herb, plain or chipotle(occasionally). Worth it to me. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Also, shout out to @caliking for posting just a steak with garlic Parmesan butter.  Finished these with roasted garlic and Parm compound butter.  Good stuff. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Vegas just won!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @DMW, what is the status of your trip?  South east on the big Island, assuming you are good?  Hope so for the Vaca plans brother.  Good luck.
    @bgebrent - Thanks for asking. Trip is still on, leave in just over 3 weeks. We're staying in Kona, so opposite side of the island. We had been planning to drive around the island, but that doesn't look possible. So we'll drive one way as far as we can, then turn around and do the opposite.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Reporting live from every street in the UK.....
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Reporting live from every street in the UK.....
    I daren't turn on the TV or the radio, it will be wall to wall. Maybe try and find that "final" oil leak on the camper this afternoon, or go to the dump, or something else more interesting than the royals.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,362
    Options
    Certainly beautiful weather for a wedding, royal or otherwise.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I started on the lawn too soon!!!   How many times can you legitimately mow the same lawn.  I think the dump is a strong option, very long queues of slow moving men.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I started on the lawn too soon!!!   How many times can you legitimately mow the same lawn.  I think the dump is a strong option, very long queues of slow moving men.
    It’s bad on this side of the pond, too. My employees (all female) are live-streaming it on one of the computers. My asking why they even care about a wedding of somebody they will never meet was met by death stares. #illneverunderstandwomen
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    The dump was a good option, not too many there. Plenty still to do outside this afternoon.
  • DMW
    Options
    Putting together a grill gazebo

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,225
    Options
    Little turd broke the end off of my lure. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    @DMW- Congrats as "some assembly required" usually leads to a frustrating undertaking.  Hope it is stable with decent winds.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Wife started watching the wedding. I left to get my hair cut. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Wife started watching the wedding. I left to get my hair cut. 
    I hauled off the recycling, went to HD and grabbed a pork butt for last minute Sunday lunch audible.  Got home and my wife was watching college baseball.  #winning
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    Breakfast

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,362
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW- Congrats as "some assembly required" usually leads to a frustrating undertaking.  Hope it is stable with decent winds.  
    I'm looking forward to the coming experience with the wind.

I've considered getting one of those over the last few years but have always held back cuz I doubt that would deal well with a typical summer squall line.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    I'm looking forward to the coming experience with the wind.

I've considered getting one of those over the last few years but have always held back cuz I doubt that would deal well with a typical summer squall line.
    I'll report back on results. I'm planning to screw the legs down to the decking once I have it where I want it. I picked it up last weekend at Aldi for $70, so I'm really not expecting all that much. Also, the top is vented, so that should help with the wind wanting to pick it up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Marinara sauce is made. 
    Now it's time to throw some meatballs on for a smoke. 

Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Playing with the Phillips Hue system. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Prepped a 13.9 # SRF Black, down to 11.2# after trimming, ready for the 3 am wake up to start cooking. Thinking this bad boy wi be done in the low 190sF area, but you never know. Coffee rubbed and sitting in the fridge for a while. Plan to smoke with pecan.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    DMW said:  
    Also, the top is vented, so that should help with the wind wanting to pick it up.
    Should help with the smoke flow, too.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    Low key celebration as I managed to nail the Preakness trifecta.  Pretty simple when Justify won as I had any other horse in the field for place and show.  But I am now in the + column for the first two legs of the Triple Crown.  On to Belmont.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options
    We’re cookin with gas!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike