Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- You can't make this up-Five letter shipping company again-OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,385
I don't spend much time in a seasoned thread thus this new rant.  Back in early Feb 2018 the great five letter shipping company (used by SRF) managed to flunk all levels of reading/delivery comprehension.  Welcome to today the same POS outfit delivered the same product from the same company.  At least they are consistent and totally clueless.

Here are the latest pics- (sorry for the rotation):

And in case you can't read:

You can't make this up.  Once again I will expend time and effort to talk with the local five letter office but they obviously don't care.  Hopefully SRF will go back to the three letter company with the next contract.
BTW- cryptic company words here as I had a similar thread derailed in less than 90 minutes when going with the names-and no George Carlin or otherwise over-the-line posts.
Rant over til they hose it again.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Think real hard - exactly what might you have done in the past that you ended up on their sh!t list?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    No issue with salvage factor-just the consistent failure to get it right.  
    This arrival is now wet aging for National Brisket Day (USA) Monday May 28, 2018-and yes I do know that is Memorial Day.  I will resolve the conflict.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang, CAPT. You must've really pi$$ed someone off!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I see things out of the 4 letter guys everyday that make me cringe. We have a pretty decent parcel volume now and my motto is to leave that parcel where/how i would want my own left at my house. I found one the other day that belonged 7 houses down. I could write a novel on the new employees that we have now and how pathetic they are...
    I personally have had my best luck with the 3 letter guys as well...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Dang Cap, I have two due at my house tomorrow, hoping I catch them before they toss it over the fence and run.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Three letters for me as well....I'll refuse to do business with a company if they mail F*****

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    That sucks Cap.  I've got a TV coming in today from the 3 letter guys.  Hopefully I don't end up with the same results.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just another example of the lack of respect thats prevalent in this messed up culture of ours.
    Those who remain nameless shall now be placed on double secret probation.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Christmas present was not delivered with information on tracking site the address does not exist. It took over an hour to inform person, the state of Georgia, the county EMS, the tax office and 911 center all say the address does. Her answer was "Oh well, it is ground so only has to be delivered by end of day." This was three letter. They also do not deliver to me until after dark. Five letter has never done any better. Four letter at least is able to fine my PO box and is normally a day earlier than estimated delivery date. I can pick up at the post office and then have the whole day to install the parts I ordered. This means even with the same delivery date, I get my stuff a day earlier.
    These people are delivery boys, much over paid, but still delivery boys. Did they really think the arrows are supposed to point down?
    Rant over.
    Cooking on the coast
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Do the 5 letter guys deliver directly to your abode or do they use a local subcontractor?

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Take the time to meet your drivers!  Generally it's the same guy/gal delivering to your address.  For me, I get stellar service from Chris (3 Letter company starting with a U), Mary (5 Letter company starting with an F) and John (3 Letter company starting with a D).

I am unaffiliated with any of the companies and remain in "rural America" happily receiving packages both when I am home or those that are left at the gate because I was not home when delivered.

@lousubcap - hope the meat was still OK!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The five letter guys charged me for early AM delivery. Of course, it didn’t arrive early AM. I called and was told that they didn’t offer early AM to that area and that I was not entitled to a refund. The early AM cost me an extra $125. Good times. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    The five letter guys charged me for early AM delivery. Of course, it didn’t arrive early AM. I called and was told that they didn’t offer early AM to that area and that I was not entitled to a refund. The early AM cost me an extra $125. Good times. 
    Brutal

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    One of our customers requested we over night Saturday morning delivery some parts to them using the 5 letter group.  Called us Monday morning asking why their parts weren't delivered Saturday.  Told them I don't know, we sent them out that way.  Turns out their local delivery doesn't deliver on Saturdays.  Didn't get a refund on the extra $500 they paid for Saturday delivery.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    FedEx and UPS both suck. Don't know why people are afraid of saying their acronyms. DHL is the only one I've had consistent service with outside of the USPS. Plus, knowing some background stuff about brown and purple makes them skeevy to do business with.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The buffalo will be here shortly. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Eggcelsior-No one's afraid.  It's just that if looking for some thread run time once the companies are identified then as @DoubleEgger notes, the thread is in the last stages of hospice.  
    And I have no idea why-as I mentioned up front I had one last under 90 minutes with the names in bright lights.  We will see.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I've experienced problems with both the major parcel companies.  The 3 letter one was so ignorant...no, stupid is appropriate since they were knowledgeable of the risk and left my package on my front porch door mat under a light for all to easily see from the street.   I returned on Christmas Eve and started tracking my Christmas Ham and found it was delivered to front porch.  Reviewed my sec cam and sure enough it was and at 0230 you see a car drive by then brake and backup and a female walks up and leaves with my Christmas Dinner main course.  My point... as you approach the front door there was a 3' column where it would make sense to leave the package where it would not be visible from the street.   An abundance of the delivery people appear to suffer from a cranial rectal inversion. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I've experienced problems with both the major parcel companies.  The 3 letter one was so ignorant...no, stupid is appropriate since they were knowledgeable of the risk and left my package on my front porch door mat under a light for all to easily see from the street.   I returned on Christmas Eve and started tracking my Christmas Ham and found it was delivered to front porch.  Reviewed my sec cam and sure enough it was and at 0230 you see a car drive by then brake and backup and a female walks up and leaves with my Christmas Dinner main course.  My point... as you approach the front door there was a 3' column where it would make sense to leave the package where it would not be visible from the street.   An abundance of the delivery people appear to suffer from a cranial rectal inversion. 
    I agree, I've had similar results from all the parcel companies except USPS. My porch is one where there are brick pillars that you could easily place the package behind but what do these morons do? Place the box right in the center of my porch almost on my walkway where anyone driving by can see a big shiny box ripe for the taking. Luckily, (knock on wood) I haven't had anything stolen yet but I attribute that to the fact that I live in a pretty safe neighborhood that is 1 mile from the police station.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    Options
    No one's afraid to say their names DA just trying to keep a thread alive.  Duh!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I wish I could set up a poll for this.

Who has more hatred for the company:

1. @lousubcap hate for FEDEX
    2. @caliking hate for Wicked Good lump.

As classic as this thread is becoming, my nostalgic look back at the WGWW thread gets my vote.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    With a few exceptions I have always had great service from FedEx, both incoming and outgoing. They are here at the office almost daily. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim - not hatred-just pointing out the obvious and frequently a different delivery person.  At least their training program is consistently hosed up.  
    Since I'm here- I have always had good luck with the UPS driver leaving the packages at the top of the driveway behind a tree next to the garage (out of street site).  Good 'ol FedEx- always to the highly visible front door even though it's a good 75-80' further hike.  
    BTW- Rockwood uses FedEx and yes the 3 bag delivery ends up at the front door when not at a neighbors house.    
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    I've noticed that people from Louisville tend to have a thing for FedEx. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Yup, same dudes.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    At least they made a quarter turn improvement-next one to get a shipment from SRF gets the straight-up standing tall delivery...order now!  =)
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    I’m guessing the box was delivered correctly but a strong breeze of .01 MPH blew it over. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I’m guessing the box was delivered correctly but a strong breeze of .01 MPH blew it over. 
    I think they just interpreted the arrows to mean "Point towards House".

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk