Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeah buddy!

Comments

• The ultimate BLT right there. My wife loves sandwiches. Let’s hope she does not catch a glimpse over my shoulder, lest she press me into service.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Looks mighty tasty!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    The ultimate BLT right there. My wife loves sandwiches. Let’s hope she does not catch a glimpse over my shoulder, lest she press me into service.
    They will only get better from here. Get er done!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    My all-time favorite sammie, bar none. I can't wait for fresh tomatoes....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    YukonRon said:
    My all-time favorite sammie, bar none. I can't wait for fresh tomatoes....
    These hot house ones aren’t bad these days, but you’re right about garden fresh. Enjoy the summer. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Very nice... please tell me you used Dukes Mayo....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • pgprescott
    Very nice... please tell me you used Dukes Mayo....
    Oh the shame! I’m a miracle whip kinda guy. I like the extra tang it gives. I hope to be able to bear the shame. It did not suck. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Make your own mayo with an immersion blender........then fold in some lemon juice and cilantro.  Awesome on a BLT!
  • pgprescott
    Make your own mayo with an immersion blender........then fold in some lemon juice and cilantro.  Awesome on a BLT!
    You are an over achiever! Sounds great!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Oh hail yes!
    Best seasonal sammie my friend, especially in late July, August....no contest.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    Focker said:
    Oh hail yes!

I must confess I had a third. Even better ones to follow just as you suggest. I’m a glutton!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Sammiches! Looks good!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Focker said:
    Oh hail yes!

I must confess I had a third. Even better ones to follow just as you suggest. I’m a glutton!
    I would too.
    App, main, dessert.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Kill bottle of bourbon. Check. 

Smoke good cigar. Check. 

Eat worlds greatest summer sandwich. Standby. 

Looks awesome. 

I am intrigued by @stlcharcoal s homemade mayo with cilantro and lemon. That sounds exceptionally refreshing in 90% humidity

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    1.  Pour some mayo in a bowl.  
    2.  Put said bowl under your passenger side front seat.  
    3.  Find said bowl one week later.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Looks wonderful!  Love BLTs!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Tough to beat a good BLT when things warm up. Those look great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I love BLT’s, any time of the year! My go to sammich if lunch options at work look sketchy. 

@stlcharcoal I load my homemade mayo up with garlic. The more the better. Just can’t open my mouth to talk to anyone afterwards though, without them passing out. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Man food.

Cigar and Bourbon .  

Pretty sweet living there brothaman
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    My favorite sandwich!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    caliking said:
    I love BLT’s, any time of the year! My go to sammich if lunch options at work look sketchy. 

@stlcharcoal I load my homemade mayo up with garlic. The more the better. Just can’t open my mouth to talk to anyone afterwards though, without them passing out. 

Yep......I'll roast a head of garlic, the dump about a dozen of the cloves in the mayo and hit it with the immersion blender again.  Goes great on Basmati rice.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Tis the season!!
    BLT is one of my favorite things about summer.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited May 2018
    looks absolutely stunning.

For me, I would like to add a thick slice from a smoked chub of bologna though.

nicely played @pgprescott
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure there is a single better culinary delight than a BLT, especially with the T from your own backyard. Served with a couple of ears of fresh corn alongside and we're talking orgasmic.
  • pgprescott
    Man food.

Cigar and Bourbon .  

Pretty sweet living there brothaman
    Everyone wins a day here or there. Yesterday was a win for this guy.