Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norah’s Mothers day chicken.

ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Well with today being Mother’s Day Norah wanted to cook up some chicken for her mom.   It’s funny I just finished preaching my Mother’s Day message and we were getting ready to head out, when Norah  told me she wanted to show her mom how much she is loved.  We went to to earth fare to pick out the items she would need and home to prep.   She did all of the work herself with the exception of lighting her grill, she’s a little nervous about the weed burner.  

She made roasted potatoes with Italian seasoning and seasoned her chicken with a mix of honey rib rub and ghost pepper.   She did a great job on this cook.  

Truth be told im a little embarrassed my 9yr old daughter makes better chicken than I do.   

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Timing is everything as I was recalling you had not posted any of her great cooks in a long time.  Nailed it as expected and what a genuine, from the heart gift.
    Glad to see that she is still engaged and enjoying playing around with fire and food.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    @lousubcap she’s still cooking up a stom, she made almost 50lbs if pork for her school fundraiser and is doing an eggfest next week.   We’ve ordered 40lbs of chicken thighs and 40lbs of pork.  She also wants to try to cook 5 or 6 pies that day.   Last year we sampled out to over 500 people, so it’s a busy day.   

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Awesome daughter.... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Wow!  Nice work, young lady!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    That is spectacular!! Your daughter has skilz.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Love this post!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Absolutely adorable!  And the meal sounds great - what a great Mother's Day present!
  • ryantt
    Thank you all for the kind comments.  Norah is always so excited when the “masters” of this group like what she’s done.  This is last weekends brisket, she did a killer job.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @ryantt - You are moving into sacred territory now.  Nailing brisket like that-time for me to grab my ball and go home.  That is an outstanding result.
    She may be at the top of her brisket game-  Time for a road trip to Central Texas where she can apprentice over the summer assuming the heavy-hitters ain't skeered.  
    Just have fun with the enthusiasm and the incredible outcomes.
    Another Alice Waters or Jess Pryles in the making.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    @lousubcap she wants to go to eggtober or have an event