Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Its Friday, What is everyone cooking Tonight and this weekend?

It's Friday so the weekend is starting. What's everyone going to cook tonight and this weekend? Friday Nights are always Pizza Night for us. So ill be making 2-3 Medium Size Pies so everyone gets what they want. This weekend I may cook a Brisket Point for Mothers Day.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Pizza tonight the egg as well, pepperoni and meatball. Unfortunately the mothers won their request to go out to eat on a Saturday AND Sunday. Kinda bummed and my wallet will be as well
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Tri-tip for wife and mom on Sunday.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Tonight is steak and lobster, I am thinking about ribs on Sunday!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    30lbs of pork shoulder for a graduation party.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    Baked Potatoes, stuffed Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese stuffed burgers.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Big Ass Beef Ribs tomorrow. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2018
    Turned out ok. A little too much cheese on 1. Just gotta keep practicing.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Did my cooking last night and this morning. 40 pounds of butts and 3 trays of Mac and cheese. I’m rehashing the rest of the weekend!
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Doesn't qualify in the BGE realm, but I am firing up the stick-burner for an all-day adult beverage fest interspersed with feeding a fire for a 9 lb pork butt.   This is not  a " fire and forget" operation.  And with the projected temps in the low 90's, I may be pushing the adult supervisory beverages limit just to bring it home.  Gonna be a fun ride if nothing else.  BTW- This is a Sunday Mother's Day rodeo waiting for place to happen.  (The adult beverage locker is more than sufficiently stocked.)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brought my LG back to life.  I got lazy and have been cooking on a Traeger for the last 2 years and the egg got no love.  I finally came to my senses and brought it back to life.  Cleaned it out and new gaskets.  Did 2 racks baby backs 2-2-1.  I remember why I feel in love with the EGG to begin with
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Eggs, sausage, and hasbrowns on Blackstone Saturday morning.  Cowboy ribeyes, potatoes, asparagus on Saturday night on XL.  Chickens on Sunday.  Life is good!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Furnace has run twice since getting home tonight.  Supposed to rain the rest of today, tomorrow, and part of Sunday.  So I'm making Cincinnati-style chili tomorrow morning (new recipe, with a small bit of baking chocolate in it, I'm intrigued), with cheep hot dogs & buns, + spaghetti/beans/mild cheddar to do it up right.  

Was home to South Dakota last weekend, took Mom out for a week-early MD dinner on Sunday, she wanted steak-n-shrimp at Ruby Tuesdays, worked for me.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    OTT chili here as well, topped with sharp cheddar, Fritos.  Maybe some chili dogs with leftover Bobak's 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Pastrami, beef tenderloin and 6 pork tenderloins for Mother’s Day. All will spend time on the LBGE. Pork still in cryovac. 28 days dry + 14 days wet on tenderloin. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Simcan
    Simcan Posts: 287
    Tomorrow night to celebrate mother's day, I am doing a centre-cut beef tenderloin (aka chateaubriand), a large thick ribeye, and a couple of denver steaks (which I have been meaning to try for a while), which I think will be fun to compare to each other.  Alongside Boursin-cream make-ahead mashed potatoes with parmesan crust, roasted kabocha squash and some kind of salad. Looking forward to it!
    Toronto ON
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    SV'ed/grill-finished ribeyes and fresh from Maine Lobster tonight.
    Grilled Swordfish and crab cakes for Mother's Day. 
    (and leftover chopped brisket sandwiches for lunch).
  • Kcheves
    Kcheves Posts: 92
    New XL owner.  Will be doing my first reverse sear tonight, prime fillets with asparagus and a TBD starch.

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited May 2018

Pizza tonight the egg as well, pepperoni and meatball. Unfortunately the mothers won their request to go out to eat on a Saturday AND Sunday. Kinda bummed and my wallet will be as well
    I asked caliqueen if she wanted to go to fancy brunch on Sunday and she declined. Said that she’d rather have caliprince and me cook for her :)

breakfast then lamb chops for dinner. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Mothers Day we are a 15 lb brisket, with sweet corn bread & a sweet potato soufflé, salad and chocolate pots ‘de Creme (by request from Mom).  Thankfully I coooked the pots Thursday night as our oven died this weekend so everything else is gettting cooked on the Egg.  
    XL  Central Ohio