Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Pulled Pork

tharding
tharding Posts: 25
Thank you all for the fantastic information I gained from this forum. My first long cook was a 9lb and 8lb Boston Butt for my wife's retreat she was having this past weekend. You all gave me the confidence I needed to make the attempt. I used Honey Hog rub from Meat Church and put back in fridge Wednesday morning. Took them out at 9:00pm and started my egg and set to 235 degrees. At 10:00pm I placed both on the grill. At 7:00am I hit the stall at 167 degrees, then actually started to lose internal temp. It got down to 160 degrees over the next four hours. I bumped the dome temp to 280 degrees. I hit 205 degrees at 3:00pm and pulled them off, wrapped in foil and packed in cooler. At 5:00pm I took out and could not believe how good these things looked and smelled. Total cook time of 17 hours. The bone pulled out clean and the meat just fell apart. You can not imagine how good it tasted. (Ha, yeah you can, you have done it also). This was amazing and very fun. The feedback was that the women at the retreat loved it. Thank you all again very much. You rock!!

Enjoying life on my LBGE in Tell City, IN. Cheers!!

Comments