Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Rellenos Anyone? Lots of pics

Options
2»

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!  PERFECT!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker You are welcome any time. One of my trips to Austin when school’s out let’s get together. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker You are welcome any time. One of my trips to Austin when school’s out let’s get together. 
    For sure!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I live in the Dallas Area. I still want to try caveman style but can’t pyschologically get myself to cook directly on coals. Maybe I’ll suck it up and try it.
    Please do.  It took me a while to wrap my brain around it. Best way to cook a steak IMO. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    A masterpiece 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @SciAggie I’ve made it past the WFO. And the awesome outdoor cooking area. And the serious skilz. 

What I envy now is how easy you make it look.

The relaxed pace.

The “hey I helped my wife build a garden bed and just happened to throw a wonderful plate together “ kind of flow. 

Bravo. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    @SciAggie I’ve made it past the WFO. And the awesome outdoor cooking area. And the serious skilz. 

The relaxed pace.

The “hey I helped my wife build a garden bed and just happened to throw a wonderful plate together “ kind of flow. 

Bravo. 
    Right? This is not the pace of my cooks
  • SciAggie
    Options
    caliking said:

The relaxed pace.

Bravo. 
    Simple explanation. My kids are grown and kicked out of the nest. I notice you aren’t there yet. When my kids were home we were all about hamburger helper, spaghhetti, Subway, tuna helper...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2018
    Options
    #
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn @SciAggie - that food is fo real brother!!  Damn nice execution!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Stellar !
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Mattman3969 @tarheelmatt Thank you both. It was a fun day. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I really hesitated opening this thread. First I love Chili Rellenos and can only imagine your local knowledge being way better than what I get back here in SC. Second, and most importantly, that is just a Gawjus meal. I know you have to be having the time of your life. 

I spent the better part of my weekend in the yard mulching, weeding and planting. It’s good theropy and creates a beautiful environment. Looking forward to visiting one day. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @northGAcock The chili rellenos were actually much easier to assemble than I thought they might be. Especially since I spread the labor over the course of the afternoon.

I hear you about the yard work. For years our yard was terrible - we didn't spend the time and energy we necessary for it to look nice. Now that the kids are gone, we enjoy spending time outside in the yard and in the outdoor kitchen. It's more productive than staying planted in front of a television screen.

As far as a visit, you are welcome any time. We'll cook something together.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Words fail.  Beyond awesome.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Just friggin awesome!

+1 on the "super like" button recommendation.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing @20stone Thanks y'all. We had the leftovers last night :)
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon