Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pelican Coolers donating $10/cooler to NRA

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am going to take my Pelican cooler outside and shoot it.
    I will donate  $20 to planned parenthood if you mail it to me. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I suppose all of the 'I hate it when companies get political' folks will avoid Pelican like the plague now?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I was trying to be funny......I really do not own a Pelican cooler. I think they are great coolers, regardless of their political misgivings. But the $20 dollars is a nice gesture by you.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Here's how I look at all the fields of competition for my $$ and recommendations.  Let me start with "too many options out there as the base-line."  The playing fields are equally balanced with products/services that will meet your needs.  I look for ways to eliminate the choices by about anything that I decide is a discriminator. 
    He!! I am still boycotting a local TV station from their programming misdirection (aka screwup) over the World Cup in 2006.  So, it's your call.
    BTW- I have a great looking lawn =)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    You have a right to still be upset if the local station screwed up and showed the world cup in 2006.  Unforgivable.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Spaightlabs - it was worse than that.  They broadcast a local church program (it was Sunday around 10 AM local time) that took up the first half of the match.  Then they brought in the national feed.  You have it backwards... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Man Cowboy Lump should start selling charcoal shaped like AR-15s.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Cowboy is too smoky to be an AR15. 

Have to be an old school rifle before smokeless powder. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Nah man, natural marketing slogan for the foodstuff...Cocked, locked and ready to Rockwood.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    I was trying to be funny......I really do not own a Pelican cooler. I think they are great coolers, regardless of their political misgivings. But the $20 dollars is a nice gesture by you.
    That’s cool!  For every $20donation, they can kill three babies!   Great donation there dude.  Why not dig a well in Africa with that $20?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    What would Kanye do?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    Looks like Kanye got bounced.  He held on much longer than expected. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Cowboy is too smoky to be an AR15. 

Have to be an old school rifle before smokeless powder. 

We used to sell charcoal to the US Army Pine Bluff Arsenal in Arkansas......they ground up the RW for use in grenades, flares, and other munitions.  We were the ones that met the minimum carbon content that didn't exceed the max ash content.  Unfortunately, we didn't get samples of the completed products.  :(
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    What would Kanye do?
    This apparently...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    That’s cool!  For every $20donation, they can kill three babies!   Great donation there dude.  Why not dig a well in Africa with that $20?
    We donate to African relief also. Been there, seen the real deal, we feel the obligation.

In fact, since we have a direct line to African Human Services, we collect clothing and send it annually, as well as donate cash for health, planned parenthood, food and shelter.

I would imagine a few wells may have been drilled with some of our clean water sponsrship.

Peace.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    We donate to African relief also. Been there, seen the real deal, we feel the obligation.

In fact, since we have a direct line to African Human Services, we collect clothing and send it annually, as well as donate cash for health, planned parenthood, food and shelter.

I would imagine a few wells may have been drilled with some of our clean water sponsrship.

Peace.
    The more I learn about you, the more I respect you.
  • thetrim
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Peace.

Very kewl to hear that!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    edited April 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Peace.
    The more I learn about you, the more I respect you.
    @Ozzie_Isaac

You are kind. You would do the same.

My Beautiful Wife is the one that deserves the respect. She is the true champion of the causes we work for. Her heart, is as big as it is beautiful.

As a child, I grew up in an extremely humble and humbling circumstance. People helped me. I will never forget that.

We try to give back. We may not be doing much, we budget what we can give, and with the help of others, we try to make a difference.

Again, most of the credit goes to the best part of me, My Beautiful Wife.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Spaightlabs - it was worse than that.  They broadcast a local church program (it was Sunday around 10 AM local time) that took up the first half of the match.  Then they brought in the national feed.  You have it backwards... ;)
    “Praise the......... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!”
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Peace.
    my company has a relationship with a non profit that builds water treatment plants for villages (and those in need like in Puerto Rico).  

having potable water is a human right
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Peace.
    my company has a relationship with a non profit that builds water treatment plants for villages (and those in need like in Puerto Rico).  

having potable water is a human right
    Absolutely agree. Our neighbors, across the street from us, have family there. He travels back and forth every couple of weeks to help.

He told me the place is still a wreck. His family is ok, but others have lost everything. He goes there to help those who are less fortunate.

This guy is a hero in my books. Great man.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    bgebrent said:
    What would Kanye do?
    This apparently...

Let's see that with Whoopie and Barack
    Michiana, South of the border.