Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short Ribs in the New DO

Options
XC242
XC242 Posts: 1,208
Got a Staub Dutch oven for my birthday after my cheap one gave up the ghost. Always wanted to upgrade to one and had a hard time justifying it until the B-Day entered the picture. It was a special order from our local mom and pop dealer because of the color so it’s a few weeks past the big day. The little ribbon on top seems a bit unmanly but I’ll work through it. 

First meal are braised short ribs using the recipe on the @Griffin webpage http://https//griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/braised-short-ribs-in-a-red-wine-sauce-on-creamy-polenta/ . Didn’t use the Egg, but they were still delicious along with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. 

LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I've had a staub DO for three or four years - it's one of my favorite cooking utensils.  Great cook and happy birthday! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That looks awesome! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Looks super, can't beat braised short ribs.  Way to break that puppy in.

I'm envious, I've got my Le Creuset my mom gave me 35 years ago and definitely showing some wear but keeps on trucking.  

LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks FANTASTIC, and I love the color!  Deep, deep dark blue is my favorite color -- the color of the sky just before it's black.  Way cool!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Short ribs and fixins look great, love the blue.

Heirloom gift, well worth it vs the cheaper alternatives.  Have found many French enameled iron pieces in antique stores, cl, ebay etc, in great condition.  Highly doubt Lodge and others will stand the test of time.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Amazing looking cook there
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Outstanding brother!   Love the color of your new addition 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks outstanding. Been way too long since I've made those. Need to do it again soon.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, cooked it yesterday for friends and it was outstanding. Used a nice Malbec.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    That is nice! Never heard of that DO, looking into it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian