Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost a good one last night.

Options
2»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,092
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.  1.5 year old is never expected :(
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Thanks everybody we are taking her in the morning to get tested and maybe take our yellow lab based on the vets recommendation.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Remember he was as lucky to have you as you were to have him. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, they are family
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So very sorry. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• leemschu
    Options
    The vet is 95% sure that it was rat poison. I’m 95% sure I know who did it but have no proof. We are livid. I’m more pissed since my wife is so upset.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Speechless!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    Sorry for your loss 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    leemschu said:
    The vet is 95% sure that it was rat poison. I’m 95% sure I know who did it but have no proof. We are livid. I’m more pissed since my wife is so upset.
    That is unbelievably low and beneath contempt. I hope that you file a police report, it would be a felony in my area.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    leemschu said:
    Oh, I definitely would confront the culprit.  Probably wouldn't contain myself either. 
    How miserable of a human being do you have to be............
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Is your other dog okay?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Hope your other lab is ok. 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • leemschu
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Is your other dog okay?
    R2Egg2Q said:
    She is definitely depressed. She won’t go outside alone. We started her on vitamin K to counteract any effects of the poison. We are worried since our other dog showed no symptoms. 
    Dyersburg, TN
  • leemschu
    Options

YEMTrey said:
    leemschu said:
    Oh, I definitely would confront the culprit.  Probably wouldn't contain myself either. 
    How miserable of a human being do you have to be............

I know I will have the same problem. I think he thought the neighbors dog was ours. They let him run free barking at people and cars while ours never go outside the fence with out a leash.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • leemschu
    Options

leemschu said:
    That is unbelievably low and beneath contempt. I hope that you file a police report, it would be a felony in my area.
    Oh I plan on it. 
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2018
    Options
    leemschu said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Is your other dog okay?
    R2Egg2Q said:
    She is definitely depressed. She won’t go outside alone. We started her on vitamin K to counteract any effects of the poison. We are worried since our other dog showed no symptoms. 
    My Jack Russel ate a bunch of rat poison when she was a puppy (previous home, I found out when I get all her vet records).  They gave her lots of vitamin K and an IV drip in vet hospital for 4 days.  We have had her 6 years now and she is fine.

Good luck with your dog.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options

Sorry to hear that. I have a 10 year old chocolate lab and feel for you.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Time for some cameras if dogs in your yard. Had a guy work for me and he caught neighbor throwing poison into yard this way
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    leemschu said:
    If so they killed a member of your family in my eyes. My mind would go to very dark places... I’m not very forgiving person to start with, and this is unforgivable. 
    I hope you can deal with this better than I could, so very sorry for your loss. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    leemschu said:
    They'd have to move...no proof on what may occur, but they'd have to move for it to stop...

strange things would be a foot around their house...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• leemschu
    Options
    Dobie said:
    leemschu said:
    If so they killed a member of your family in my eyes. My mind would go to very dark places... I’m not very forgiving person to start with, and this is unforgivable. 
    I hope you can deal with this better than I could, so very sorry for your loss. 
    I know I have to fight it every time I get reminded of it.  
    Dyersburg, TN
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    We had this happen once - our neighbors in Houston had a large trash pile/compost pile in their backyard that attracted all the area rats. So they put poison out in the pile. The problem is, the rats weren't eating it there - they were grabbing the cubes and running across our back fence with them and dropping them in our yard. 

Both of our Jack Russells got some one day (I found them both with green stuff around their mouths & starting to foam). We were able to get some hydrogen peroxide (brown bottle) to induce vomiting immediately and get them to the vet straight away. Both lived several more years. I did have some words with the neighbor and they removed the poison & started using live traps instead. 

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I use Chewy.  Looks they are run by dog people.  Very nice gesture.