Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did I go to far? Etiquette!

Options
13»

Comments

• JerseyTex
    JerseyTex Posts: 53
    Options
    JerseyTex said:
    @JerseyTex ... your screen name hints that you're a Texan relocated to New Jersey.  If that's so, then you need to forget all you've learned about relating to folks ... don't wave, don't smile, don't make eye contact, don't say hi, don't approach a stranger and act polite.  Yes I know you do that stuff in Texas, but in New Jersey that stuff makes you just plain suspect.
    It is the other way round .
    My nick name is Jersey (Born and raised In Hudson County)
    I now live in TX
    I also grew up in Hudson County.  What town?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
     I had two steaks and a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada in my cart and some fella came over and said "steaks and Sierra Nevada now that looks like fun".   I was cordial but after I got home I realized what was going on!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    I got halfway through this thread before realizing it’s 3 yrs old. 
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Maybe your "oil then rub " comment caught him off guard !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's better than @JerseyTex.  He started the thread.  And then today answered his own post asking himself where he lives.  

(note:  Just having a good laugh with you JerseyTex.  I've probably done similar things)
    That’s legendary 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Great thread still, even the second time around.  A forgetful memory is sometimes a benefit.

Phoenix 
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    "What can you do on an egg, I can't do on my Weber?" is the usual response when somebody hears I have an egg. After a discourse on how long to boil ribs before cooking, I replied, ":Obviously cook edible ribs."
    I've always been an A Hole.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    BikerBob said:o
    "What can you do on an egg, I can't do on my Weber?" is the usual response when somebody hears I have an egg. After a discourse on how long to boil ribs before cooking, I replied, ":Obviously cook edible ribs."
    I've always been an A Hole.

Bob
    File a warranty claim, 10 years from now, is another.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    blasting said:

Great thread still, even the second time around.  A forgetful memory is sometimes a benefit.

3rd time if you go back and look through page 2 again...
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • JerseyTex
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's better than @JerseyTex.  He started the thread.  And then today answered his own post asking himself where he lives.  

(note:  Just having a good laugh with you JerseyTex.  I've probably done similar things)
    LOL  I don't know what was going on, I lost my mind LOL. I am still waiting for a response.
  • JerseyTex
    Options
    blasting said:

3rd time if you go back and look through page 2 again...
    I will wait 6 months to come back and talk to my self some more
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    JerseyTex said:
    Foghorn said:

LOL  I don't know what was going on, I lost my mind LOL. I am still waiting for a response.
    I’m not schizophrenic and neither am I.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    JerseyTex said:
    Foghorn said:

I’m not schizophrenic and neither am I.  
    Neither are we.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Maybe he was undocumented.  B)B)
    New Albany, Ohio