Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let’s talk snakes for a minute...

Options
124»

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I thought sulfur was a snake deterrent. Googled it, save your money.
    Pulverized lime is. A snake won’t cross it. Only downside is that it washes away. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I only worry about the vipers here, if it has a slit type pupil I terminate with extreme prejudice. 

Jacksonville FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I think I remember every snake I've ever seen!

Tried to pick up a copperhead when I was 2-3 years old, saved by my aunt. I don't actually remember that, but that's the story I've always heard. 

Blacksnake when I was 9 years old.

Dead copperhead laying in the road when I rode by on my bicycle a couple of years ago.

The garter snake that lives in my yard now. Haven't seen him in awhile though.

Pretty sure that's about it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

Tried to pick up a copperhead when I was 2-3 years old, saved by my aunt. I don't actually remember that, but that's the story I've always heard. 

Dead copperhead laying in the road when I rode by on my bicycle a couple of years ago.

You should get out more. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Foghorn said:

You should get out more. 
    I'm out a lot. I just don't live in the South. Though even when I did, I didn't see snakes.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Eat more snakes!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options

Growing up in SW Louisiana I can honestly say that I've encountered more snakes than I can remember. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I thought sulfur was a snake deterrent. Googled it, save your money.
    It is if you light it.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.