Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Watching Gladiator with my brother.  As perfect a movie as they come.
    Is the beer gone?
    It’s only 8pm here man.  
    Finished beer a few hours ago.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Watching Gladiator with my brother.  As perfect a movie as they come.
    Is the beer gone?
    It’s only 8pm here man.  
    Finished beer a few hours ago.

Lightweight.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Ha!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Over cooking skinny ribeyes.  At least medium.  Potatoes distracted me and the window was short.  Still well fed.  Happy Saturday.

You better get focused before cooking that brisket next weekend! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    We’re cooking Pizza Meatballs.  Mike and Mortimer got the brisket.  I’ll look in once or twice.  You better get focused on my bloody brother.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Shorty's smoked on the mini in a blizzard 

Perfection 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    WeberWho said:

The Mighty Mini saves the day!! Good for you for getting out there!!

I am so disgruntled and discouraged by this weather. Wasn't up to fighting the on and off rain, sleet, snow and wind to cook a chicken today. Threw it the crockpot for a few hours. Wont do that again, it had no flavor at all.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    caliking said:
    @DMW - dude. I don’t know where to start. 
    Yeah.  If I had a seal of approval...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Slither.io

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wrapped up the night with this:

Which may have led to this:

Not sure exactly which of my buddies was trying to be helpful and started the dishwasher, but good chance they use the wrong stuff:

That on the left is for hand washing dishes, the tablets on the right is for the machine.

So now, I'm trying to get things dried out:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    WeberWho said:

I am so disgruntled and discouraged by this weather. Wasn't up to fighting the on and off rain, sleet, snow and wind to cook a chicken today. Threw it the crockpot for a few hours. Wont do that again, it had no flavor at all.
    @Cashfan It wasn't the most ideal weather cook but the mini held its own. Dinner last night and breakfast this morning was done on the Blackstone. (In the garage and out of the weather) What a bunch of crap with all this snow! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @DMW - Bulliet is a solid pour, especially with any mixer.  
    Now, your domestic training program definitely has some deficiencies.  But nothing more Bulliet can't fix.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That game at Wrigley today was a wild one.  Uffda
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

That moment you know you’re a parent cause your kid pushes you off the couch and wants pull out her “throw up bed”

Have kids they said...it’ll be great they said. 

(Butt Blasters have no fear. It’s food poisoning from a baby shower. Apparently white girls all over Nashville are upchuckin’ Chick-Fil-A tonight. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Cleaning my pantry. ..

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Wtf is that thing?

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Wtf is that thing?
    Different kind of blooming onion?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice Dwayne.  Always love your go big approach. Pork belly burnt ends?  All looks Killa.
    Thanks Brent, yes pork belly burnt ends, AKA meat crack.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Taking care of my sons dog this weekend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Revelling in Wilf Zaha's brace against the hapless Seagulls.

Ok - it's a bit niche for this forum, but Premier League followers will understand.   And for those who don't get the A23 derby, its built on hostilities started by Alan Mullery in 1976, not geography. 

And what a Summer that was!
    @CPFC1905, thanks for teaching me something about English football.  That was a fun match.  As an American you'll have to forgive me for being a Man U fan.  Are you watching the games today?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

That moment you know you’re a parent cause your kid pushes you off the couch and wants pull out her “throw up bed”

Have kids they said...it’ll be great they said. 

(Butt Blasters have no fear. It’s food poisoning from a baby shower. Apparently white girls all over Nashville are upchuckin’ Chick-Fil-A tonight. 
    Yikes!  That doesn’t sound good.  Hope it just turns into a 24-hr type thing for the little one. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Options
    "Have kids they said...it’ll be great they said. "

You talked to the wrong people.  I never said that.  
    :) 

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Killit_and_Grillit said:  
    Apparently white girls all over Nashville are upchuckin’ Chick-Fil-A tonight. 
    There's a country music song in there, somewhere...  =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Cashfan said:
    WeberWho said:

@Cashfan It wasn't the most ideal weather cook but the mini held its own. Dinner last night and breakfast this morning was done on the Blackstone. (In the garage and out of the weather) What a bunch of crap with all this snow! 
    It just won't stop! Had a buddy come over to plow out the driveway last night, heading out to shovel shortly.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited April 2018
    Options

Everything is encased in ice.  Still raining. Still windy.  Still have power. Kids playing Monopoly. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Everything is encased in ice.  Still raining. Still windy.  Still have power. Kids playing Monopoly. 
    Is all this snow we're getting in MN headed your way? It started raining here on friday, and its been snowing and windy ever since.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    kl8ton said:

Is all this snow we're getting in MN headed your way? It started raining here on friday, and its been snowing and windy ever since.
    Hope not.  I am waiting for spring! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI