Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For sale 1 month old XL Egg with 76 inch island. Excellent condition.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    That new grill is awesome- congrats and keep posting cooks. Bosco has one on here too and drops an amazing cook on us every now and then. 

Good luck on selling the Xl/challenger- very nice combo and I really like that style table. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Grif said:
    holy crap I could shove all of stike in there, cook'm all at once
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Zippylip said:
    Grif said:

holy crap I could shove all of stike in there, cook'm all at once
    only after a good dry aging, i hope. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Grif
    Grif Posts: 47
    Wolfpack said:
    That new grill is awesome- congrats and keep posting cooks. Bosco has one on here too and drops an amazing cook on us every now and then. 

Good luck on selling the Xl/challenger- very nice combo and I really like that style table. 

Thank you!
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Grif said:
    I am trying to sell something.  Does anybody really care who likes it or not?  If you like it. Good, If not so be it.  Somebody will save about $1500.00 or so.  Thats it.  Good people would help a fellow bbq'er out and get her sold.   Nit pickers should go get their nails done with their wife.  I am sure there are pleanty of opinions flying around over there.  
    @Grif: Don't try to sell a product on a discussion forum if you don't want comments related to the product. You might be better served on facebook where sellers seem to be able to delete comments they don't like  :smirk:

Also, as pointed out earlier,  your belief that someone would save $1,500 or so is not really accurate due to the warranty being voided. 

Best of luck. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• Grif
    Raymont said:
    Grif said:
    I am trying to sell something.  Does anybody really care who likes it or not?  If you like it. Good, If not so be it.  Somebody will save about $1500.00 or so.  Thats it.  Good people would help a fellow bbq'er out and get her sold.   Nit pickers should go get their nails done with their wife.  I am sure there are pleanty of opinions flying around over there.  
    @Grif: Don't try to sell a product on a discussion forum if you don't want comments related to the product. You might be better served on facebook where sellers seem to be able to delete comments they don't like  :smirk:

Also, as pointed out earlier,  your belief that someone would save $1,500 or so is not really accurate due to the warranty being voided. 

Best of luck.

I am not worried about comments of the product.  Just trying to see what I can get for it.  Dont care if someone would rather have an XXL or not.  Maybe with all of this wisdon flying around someone can tell ne what a fair price is.  
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Best I could do is 2k..That's $600 for the XL and $1400 for the table
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Grif said:
    Raymont said:
    Grif said:

Best of luck.

I am not worried about comments of the product.  Just trying to see what I can get for it.  Dont care if someone would rather have an XXL or not.  Maybe with all of this wisdon flying around someone can tell ne what a fair price is.  
    $500?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Grif
    And..   if it aint worth squat i will keep it in the garage for back up.  I sold a large egg used 10 years ago for $700 with a next.  It sold fast.  Maybe I just got lucky.  Some others also said there are ways around the warranty issue.  I have no idea.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Make sure you list it on Craigslist. You might have the best chance of selling it there. It might be worth breaking up the table and egg to get the maximum value of each item
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Or Ebay.....

The KK's are not cheap. 

https://komodokamado.com/pages/all-grills-price-list
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Grif
    Or Ebay.....

The KK's are not cheap. 

https://komodokamado.com/pages/all-grills-price-list
    Yes, I will give Ebay a shot.
  • Grif
    WeberWho said:
    Make sure you list it on Craigslist. You might have the best chance of selling it there. It might be worth breaking up the table and egg to get the maximum value of each item

Thank you!  I will give it a shot.

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Most people are leery of a used Egg due to the warranty issue and you can get reasonable deals on a new Egg if you shop.  A friend of mine was able to pick up a brand new XL in the box with nest, plate setter and egg mates (shelves) for $1160 and he has a lifetime warranty on the ceramics so why risk everything to save a few $$$.  Other than someone buying the Egg I think you've received some good advice...sorry to cut this short, but I'm late for my manicure.  Best of Luck. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Grif
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Most people are leery of a used Egg due to the warranty issue and you can get reasonable deals on a new Egg if you shop.  A friend of mine was able to pick up a brand new XL in the box with nest, plate setter and egg mates (shelves) for $1160 and he has a lifetime warranty on the ceramics so why risk everything to save a few $$$.  Other than someone buying the Egg I think you've received some good advice...sorry to cut this short, but I'm late for my manicure.  Best of Luck. 
    Good luck with that yourself.  Lol
  • Grif
    Grif said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    That seems like a great price on an Egg and accessories
  • Grif
    With the warranty concerns, is is pretty safe to say a lot of them crack?
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited April 2018
    Grif said:
    Grif said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    That seems like a great price on an Egg and accessories
    It was a great deal...he knows a guy.  Enjoy that new grill...she's a beauty.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Grif
    Around my parts, they are tough!!! On price
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Grif said:
    It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The only original ceramic part of my XL is the dome.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Grif said:
    YES

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Grif
    When i bought this one the guy said they dont hardly crack anymore.  He said they are now fired at 2000 degrees compared to the Joe at 800.  Thats dissapointing.  I understand its warrantied, but still.  I also read about band issues and over/under bite issues plus gaskets on this forum.  Wish the guy did not tell me all of that!
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Grif said:
    When i bought this one the guy said they dont hardly crack anymore.  He said they are now fired at 2000 degrees compared to the Joe at 800.  Thats dissapointing.  I understand its warrantied, but still.  I also read about band issues and over/under bite issues plus gaskets on this forum.  Wish the guy did not tell me all of that!
    It is kind of like a new truck.  If you do not put many miles on it and it just stays in the garage it will likely never break down on you.  But if you rely on it every day and work it hard it will eventually "Break"

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Grif
    EGGjlmh said:
    Grif said:
    It is kind of like a new truck.  If you do not put many miles on it and it just stays in the garage it will likely never break down on you.  But if you rely on it every day and work it hard it will eventually "Break"
    Makes sense.  Unfortunately I use mine everyday.
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Congrats on the Komodo Kamado.  I wish I could afford 1.  Is they’re any difference you’ve noticed cooking on it?
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    edited April 2018
    @Grif.   I feel your pain.  I have the EXACT same setup along with about $1000 in eggcessories.  I have $5000 in my rig. I tried to sell it a couple of times and literally started at $3700. Which I thought was fair.  

To to make a really really long story short, after two rounds of trying to sell the rig for months the best “offer” I ever got was $2200.  So as a result, it’s still sitting on my deck and use it only occasionally because I try to mostly use my competition smoker. 

For me it came down down to principals .  I would rather continue to own it and use it rarely than to practically give it away.  

I hope you habe better results than I did. Good luck. 

gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Grif
    msloan said: hi
    @Grif.   I feel your pain.  I have the EXACT same setup along with about $1000 in eggcessories.  I have $5000 in my rig. I tried to sell it a couple of times and literally started at $3700. Which I thought was fair.  

To to make a really really long story short, after two rounds of trying to sell the rig for months the best “offer” I ever got was $2200.  So as a result, it’s still sitting on my deck and use it only occasionally because I try to mostly use my competition smoker. 

For me it came down down to principals .  I would rather continue to own it and use it rarely than to practically give it away.  

I hope you habe better results than I did. Good luck. 

Thanks a million.  I am glad somebody understands.  Lol.  It is a shame   i have sold many pits without too much loss. Most seem to hold good resale.   Quality dictates the used market too I guess.
  • Grif
    g37 said:
    Congrats on the Komodo Kamado.  I wish I could afford 1.  Is they’re any difference you’ve noticed cooking on it?
    Yes, for sure there is a difference.  All of the intake air being drawn through the coal rather than around it makes for 1 hot fire if you turn it loose.  Love the threaded chimney.  Seems you can adjust it to a single degree or so.  Ice cold on the outside, 350 on the inside.  And yes, its expensive but it comes with almost everything and I love the built in rotisserie.  The Eggcessories seem to add up in a quick hurry too though (in my opinion).  Plus, if you look at the used market (if you can find one), they hold value well.
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    so do the KKs have a lifetime warranty on all their parts too?
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Grif
    GoooDawgs said:
    so do the KKs have a lifetime warranty on all their parts too?

Not sure what you mean by too?  Not sure of another cooker that warantees all parts?

For original owner as well, to my knowledge.  Never found a bad review on one yet or where the owner Dennis did not make it right for someone. Doubtful for the fire grate and such, just like everyone else I think.