Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What kind of "incident"?  The one where you pretend you don't know these people?
    @nolaegghead surprisingly it’s mostly squabbling about airports. I’m a DFW guy and they prefer Houston. It’s very Hatfield and McCoy. (Is it too soon? It felt too soon)

@thetrim I shamelessly said I had to go. People are staying in my cabin. And @The_Stache needs a ride. Lots of people depending on me. I hate your family. I was gonna bring charcuterie. 

I really brought out the big guns. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    What kind of "incident"?  The one where you pretend you don't know these people?
    @nolaegghead surprisingly it’s mostly squabbling about airports. I’m a DFW guy and they prefer Houston. It’s very Hatfield and McCoy. (Is it too soon? It felt too soon)

@thetrim I shamelessly said I had to go. People are staying in my cabin. And @The_Stache needs a ride. Lots of people depending on me. I hate your family. I was gonna bring charcuterie. 

Lmao
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit Hobby or Intercontinental?
    Options
    Talked to my daughter earlier today. She lives in the Atlanta area near the Dekalb Peachtree airport. She says that there is a tremendous amount of activity at that airport right now.....(likely folks coming in for The Masters).  There is a good restaurant located on site....forget the name. They produce many of their proteins an an XXL BGE that is out back among the outdoor seating. Perhaps there is some common ground here. John, a man of your statue and importance should be flying privately on the Dook plane anyhow. Why go commercial? Just trying to help and provide some viable options. =)

Ok...maybe stirring the pot a little.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I think you have to join Trump's cabinet before you can start booking private jets....
    Options
    I think you have to join Trump's cabinet before you can start booking private jets....
    it was just so much easier paying to play back in the good ole days
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Talked to my daughter earlier today. She lives in the Atlanta area near the Dekalb Peachtree airport. She says that there is a tremendous amount of activity at that airport right now.....(likely folks coming in for The Masters).  There is a good restaurant located on site....forget the name. They produce many of their proteins an an XXL BGE that is out back among the outdoor seating. Perhaps there is some common ground here. John, a man of your statue and importance should be flying privately on the Dook plane anyhow. Why go commercial? Just trying to help and provide some viable options. =)

Ok...maybe stirring the pot a little.
    The vast majority of my travel is on the government dime my friend.  About the best option that’s permitted is the extended coach where there’s some additional legroom.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Yeah we all remember all of Obama’s secretaries taking private jets everywhere and having their own security details with 30+ people, renting rooms in DC for $50 a night from lobbyists, etc.  Oh wait that’s all just since 2017...
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    edited April 2018
    Options

Yeah we all remember all of Obama’s secretaries taking private jets everywhere and having their own security details with 30+ people, renting rooms in DC for $50 a night from lobbyists, etc.  Oh wait that’s all just since 2017...
    what i dont understand is why they were not boozing it up and hiring hookers like the obama secret service would do, ahh the good ole days =) ...
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options

what i dont understand is why they were not boozing it up and hiring hookers like the obama secret service would do, ahh the good ole days =) ...
    Probably because Obummer hired a bunch of frat boys to work in the Secret Service....AMIRIGHT?!
    Options

They're too busy renting rooms at Mar-a-Lago, all on the taxpayer dollar.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    didnt realize we were on this particular thread, wont say sorry =) just that nola started it =)=)=)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    didnt realize we were on this particular thread, wont say sorry =) just that nola started it =)=)=)
    I think a little back and forth inside the Butt Blast thread is OK, provided it doesn't derail the whole thing.  It's the "What Are You Doing Now" thread where we generally try to avoid all things politics, at Ozzie's request.  
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

You all are really making me want to attend one of these ButtBlasts or events more and more every year.

One of these days....

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I think a little back and forth inside the Butt Blast thread is OK, provided it doesn't derail the whole thing.  It's the "What Are You Doing Now" thread where we generally try to avoid all things politics, at Ozzie's request.  
    this thread should stay, i think they all disappear if and when i bookmark it anyways ;)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I think a little back and forth inside the Butt Blast thread is OK, provided it doesn't derail the whole thing.  It's the "What Are You Doing Now" thread where we generally try to avoid all things politics and airports, at Ozzie's request.  
    FTFY
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    edited April 2018
    Options
    but then again..........

we could talk about that new 51 percent approval rating......

or the bouncing ball called the dow....

or things i thoroughly dont understand which opens things up a bit....

=)=)=)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2018
    Options
    but then again..........

and all of the other things i thoroughly dont understand which opens things up a bit....

=)=)=)
    FTFY
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    one of those only counts likely voters
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    but then again..........

and all of the other things i thoroughly dont understand which opens things up a bit....

=)=)=)
    FTFY
    theres one, how to word things that johnincarolina can understand =) do i need to word things one way for the forum and another for just john. 
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    but then again..........

=)=)=)
    FTFY
    theres one, how to word things that johnincarolina can understand =) do i need to word things one way for the forum and another for just john. 
    I’m sure it all makes sense inside of your head there fish, provided the other voices aren’t too loud at any given moment..  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    but then again..........

=)=)=)
    FTFY
    I’m sure it all makes sense inside of your head there fish, provided the other voices aren’t too loud at any given moment..  
    i got them all together and we came to the same conclusion....well except for one of the voices, we call him john =)
    fukahwee maine

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options

Lmao
    Whew, I was worried that I would have to ask what airport was the best to fly into for the Blast...
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That's it.  I'm driving.
    Options
    That's it.  I'm driving.
    I thought you liked Charlotte Airport? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    John and I are cool.  Appreciate the interest and well wishes.  I was prolly a little thin skinned.  I regret the drama.  I despise drama.  Having said that, my concealed carry permit has reciprocity in NC.  Including the parks. ;)
    Glad to hear it Brent, looking forward to meeting you and sharing that bottle of DO. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That's it.  I'm driving.
    I thought you liked Charlotte Airport? 
    Ok.  Enough about airports.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga