Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Augusta National

Options
My brother and I will be making our first trip to the Masters next Sunday. We couldn’t be more excited. I am however looking for tips of how to best experience our first trip. Thanks and look forward to the tips. 
Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Get there early, stay until they kick you out. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You will have a lot of fun. My son is going to a practice round on Monday. He is beyond excited.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You can’t help but enjoy it. $3 beers and $3 sandwiches (eat lots of those to help with the beer). You are in For an awesome day. One of the greatest live sporting events I have ever been to. 

And one of our own (@Chubbs)runs one of the scoreboards. I met him out there a couple of years ago. He shimmied down to say hello. Super nice guy. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Just realized I was drinking out of my 2015 cup! 
  • RustyBeavers
    Options
    It is the trip of lifetime. Get there early. When the gates open, everyone rushes to go set up their chairs for the day. Once you have your chair placed, it will stay in that spot the whole day. Of course bringing or buying a chair is optional, and you can just walk around and enjoy the course for the day. Also if you plan on shopping the pro shop, it may be best to check that off the list early in the day, as the line gets long and you wont want to miss any action later in the day. 
    Dallas, TX

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Make sure you drop in here http://www.dichickoscafe.com/ .  Tell Heather hi from the Florida Dichicko's Ambassador.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Smokeydawg
    Options
    Take time to walk the course. One of the most beautiful in the world. I hope you have a great time. Food and beer prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is like no other.
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Aren’t you guys jumping the gun?  They haven’t yet finished the Shell Houston Open. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    20stone said:
    Aren’t you guys jumping the gun?  They haven’t yet finished the Shell Houston Open. 
    Oh, the pageantry.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Get there early .Wear comfy shoes. Go chill in Amen corner for a couple hours. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Don’t take your cell phone. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

Sunday of the Masters at ANGC is unlike any other day in sports.

The pimento/cheese sandwiches are a must. (at least 4)

If you appreciate golf course architecture, walk it backwards from 18 green to #1 tee.

Souveners: get things that are nice and will last a long time, glasses, mugs, jewelry, a green apron for egging.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    It will be so much better than you thought it might be.... this place lives up to its lore.... they all have said it ... go early and stay late.... eat and drink.... and enjoy 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Get there early, stay until they kick you out. 
    ....and eat minter cheese sammies!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Go buy two master chairs when you get there, that's what your allowed to bring in each day. Get there early and go set one on Amen corner and the other on 18, then go walk an enjoy whoever you want to follow for awhile to see the rest of the course. Enjoy yourself its a once and a lifetime experience.
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • tarheelforever
    Options
    You’ve never been on a golf course until you walk 18 at Augusta National. It’s mind blowing. 
  • SuperCooper
    Options
    I went to my one Master back in 2015. You know how people try to describe something to you, and you always think, there is no way this is going to live up to the hype; ANGC exceeds every expectation you have. The beauty of the course, the old school feel, a “fan friendly experience, it has it all. 

Yes, the course is way more hilly than it looks on TV (you’ll be amazed by 18 at how much it climbs). Wear comfy shoes, and plan accordingly for the weather. 

The pro pro shop is great, don’t tell many people you are going so you don’t have to get a bunch of stuff (slightly kidding, but for real). They do have a booth to check in your stuff free of charge if I remember correctly so you don’t have to carry it. 

Be sure to see see the whole course, but take time to see Amen Corner.  #10 is a great place to see them tee of from behind the tee box. #15 is a good spot to watch the guys go for a high risk/high reward shot. 

Also, whatever you do, please do not yell mash potatoes, bobba-booie, or “get in the hole” on a tee shot. 
    Greenville, SC Large BGE est. December 2013
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I went to my one Master back in 2015. You know how people try to describe something to you, and you always think, there is no way this is going to live up to the hype; ANGC exceeds every expectation you have. The beauty of the course, the old school feel, a “fan friendly experience, it has it all. 

Yes, the course is way more hilly than it looks on TV (you’ll be amazed by 18 at how much it climbs). Wear comfy shoes, and plan accordingly for the weather. 

The pro pro shop is great, don’t tell many people you are going so you don’t have to get a bunch of stuff (slightly kidding, but for real). They do have a booth to check in your stuff free of charge if I remember correctly so you don’t have to carry it. 

Be sure to see see the whole course, but take time to see Amen Corner.  #10 is a great place to see them tee of from behind the tee box. #15 is a good spot to watch the guys go for a high risk/high reward shot. 

Also, whatever you do, please do not yell mash potatoes, bobba-booie, or “get in the hole” on a tee shot. 
    I was there. Spieth! That was a fun week. 
  • SuperCooper
    Options

I was there. Spieth! That was a fun week. 
    Yeah, Spieth was unbelieveable that week. I went on Friday, so we got to see everyone that day. We followed Jordan around for a while. Also watch Stenson crack an iron over his knee on #15. 
    Greenville, SC Large BGE est. December 2013
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Here’s a game you can play while you’re there. Try to find a weed. Good luck. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Augusta is absolutely spectacular.  Hope to make a late round day one day.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I would hit the shop first, buy it up, and buy two chairs. Check all the other stuff in bag check and then take chairs out. 

Highly suggest behind 2 green and 3 tee box. It’s perched up to see a lot of action on 3 holes from there. You have 7 green as well to see approaches. 

From there I suggest walking from 18 backwards to amen corner, and finding a spot there. Personally I always prop up on 13 just south of their drives so you can see the shots into the green over raes creek. 

Once everyone is past 3-7 holes grab that chair and go set it up behind 17 green. Can watch there and 18 tee box. 

Wear good shoes, and remember don’t run!

Wish I was there this year, went for years in a row on Saturday, even getting back to back badges for Berckmans place. Talk about upscale, and over the top exclusive spot at the best sporting event in the world. If you know anyone getting in there have them get you stuff from the shop in there. It’s ANGC labeled stuff, not all covered in the masters logo since it’s all from their pro shop. I couldn’t get my wallet out fast enough! It’s the only part of Berckmans where you need cash, everything in there is free, all you can drink and eat. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Once you go, you will never watch it on tv the same having been there. 

Ditto comfy shoes and, assuming a sunny day, sunscreen. 

Try to stop at T-Bones too. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    This is on my bucket list. Favorite tournament all year!  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    How do y’all get tickets?   I apply for the lottery every year and every year I get Billy Payne’s polite letter stating I didn’t get drawn....
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    How do y’all get tickets?   I apply for the lottery every year and every year I get Billy Payne’s polite letter stating I didn’t get drawn....
    Family friend for me. He founded pecan valley in San Antonio that held the PGA championship in 1968. He’s gotten 4 tickets in the mail every year since. He never asked for them and he’s never talked to them about it. Doesn’t want to jinx it. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Family friend for me. He founded pecan valley in San Antonio that held the PGA championship in 1968. He’s gotten 4 tickets in the mail every year since. He never asked for them and he’s never talked to them about it. Doesn’t want to jinx it. 
    What's his address?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Aftermarket. My bro-in-law bought four Monday tickets and then his wife also wanted to go. Her ticket? $600. For Monday. Many big names are not on the course on Monday. 
    New Albany, Ohio